Feb 11 Cars and Coffee and Hamom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I got a few pictures from CCC. We are at the vet now. Someone please get some pictures of the Hey Mom!

Edit: My pictures were all panoramas and too big to upload... This picture of an Austin Healey, making my 40 look somewhat classy, is all I got.

IMG_4553.JPG

Thanks to everyone who helped me install the 2.5" lift, @dbenke, @southerncruiser62, @greenseaman, @Cameron Oakley, @mmacpherson & @RickM, and George too (Greg, never too young to get him a mud name). Today was my birthday, so I got what I wanted. BTW, David, you left your easy-out in the truck, let me know if you want it back...literally in-the-truck.

Well, I got a few pictures from CCC. We are at the vet now. Someone please get some pictures of the Hey Mom!

Edit: My pictures were all panoramas and too big to upload... This picture of an Austin Healey, making my 40 look somewhat classy, is all I got.

View attachment 1399834

I see that FJ40 in Pawleys all the time! Whose the owner?

I see that FJ40 in Pawleys all the time! Whose the owner?
Mine has never been up that way, but I'm looking forward to making the drive with a bunch of other cruisers at some point. I have not met him yet, but you may be seeing @pawleymack 's rig. Although it's a great color, I haven't seen many olive 40's out there. Here's hoping both of y'all can make it down or set something up for us to head up your way! :cheers:

Thanks to everyone who helped me install the 2.5" lift, @dbenke, @southerncruiser62, @greenseaman, @Cameron Oakley, @mmacpherson & @RickM, and George too (Greg, never too young to get him a mud name). Today was my birthday, so I got what I wanted. BTW, David, you left your easy-out in the truck, let me know if you want it back...literally in-the-truck.
If you happen to find a 13/16's Snap-On socket, you might consider putting it on eBay to fund your next set of tires. Did you get any pictures of the aftermath?

No pics after, but a full 2" of lift front and back...
He's ready for some 35's now....

IMG_1286.JPG
Ive got some new 33s for sale that will fit that lift nicely :)
Thanks, but I have 33 on there now. Ok, before Jeremy gets all technical on me, they're actually 32.75. I'm also on 17" wheels. I've thought about 35, but then I'm looking at either a swing-out or mounting inside, neither of those appeal to me. I'll keep thinking about it, maybe I'll mount it on my hood like the old LR Defenders.

Last edited:
View attachment 1400568
Thanks, but I have 33 on there now. Ok, before Jeremy gets all technical on me, they're actually 32.75. I'm also on 17" wheels. I've thought about 35, but then I'm looking at either a swing-out or mounting inside, neither of those appeal to me. I'll keep thinking about it, maybe I'll mount it on my hood like the old LR Defenders.
The 80 just looks right with 33" tires on a 2.5" OME lift. I often wish I'd stopped there... FWIW, Phil was able to locate his 35" spare in the OEM location. When he wheels, obviously, this will be what hangs up on rocks/trees/etc... But as long as the spare is under the car, that will be the case regardless of the tire size.

Happy Birthday, Tim! Truck looks good! May you drive many many miles before you do something stupid with that damage multiplier!

That lift will mitigate these situations in the future:

IMG_3696.JPG

Hi @mdeane ....that's my rig you're seeing around Pawleys. You up this way? I travel a fair amount for work but when I'm here at home I try to drive it everywhere.

Hi @mdeane ....that's my rig you're seeing around Pawleys. You up this way? I travel a fair amount for work but when I'm here at home I try to drive it everywhere.

Yeah, I'm a manager at Pawleys Island Bakery. I'm only there 2/3 days a week because I'm a full time student at Coastal. If you see a gray Mustang there then thats me.

Yeah, I'm a manager at Pawleys Island Bakery. I'm only there 2/3 days a week because I'm a full time student at Coastal. If you see a gray Mustang there then thats me.
We are in there all the time. Max is good people. I'll look for your car and make sure to introduce myself next time I'm in. Thanks!

Looks good Tim! I yelled at you later that afternoon when you were on your test drive up to Seaside Farms. The kids and I were biking over to get some dinner from the Teeter. Happy belated by the way!

Sorry I missed your HBD lift install @Beau Diddly; I was working on the new abode - today we tied in the new electric, water, etc

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom