Fall Gathering in New Hampshire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a great time this past weekend at the Fall gathering at Field and Forest in southern new hampshire. Great ride up and back (6 1/2 hours each way). great weather, great wheeling, tremendous people and damn tough trails. The fall color was unbeatable. Here's a link to some photos and videos from the three days we wheeled, you might see some familiar faces: Fall Gathering 2016 pics
I got to ride with Chris Stearns in his new to me buggy, it was phoenomenol. had a few other rides and all were awesome. Was a great time and their barbeque meal was the best I ever had at an event! Camped with Chris and the Polish brothers' entourage- always memorable!

Looks like Gramps had a good time.

Not sure why this was not on the radar, would'a just stayed in VT...

Please let us know Gary, when it comes around again.

Always the same weekend in October, and it's well worth the price of admission. The trails that are right off the camping area (and I mean 100 yards from where we set up) are tough- very tough and getting harder (worse???) every year. Did the toughest trail I've ever been on this year- the approach to and going over Pete's pass. Even Chris had to pull some line to get up and over. Nick Pearl and Terry in the white Tacoma got up without using a winch but their rigs are extremely tall and flexible.

There are other trails that are easier and require a bit of a drive to get to them. The trails at Swanzey used to eb available and they were great trails with varying degrees of difficulty. I ahven't been to any of the current optional trail sites, this year I stayed at the Field and Forest site.

There is a lot of room to camp, and a lot of room for parking a trailer and/or tow rig adjacent to the camping area. The campground has showers and toilets although it ain't the Ritz-Carlton. From my place it's about a 6- 6 1/2 hour drive.

This event has been the same weekend as the Vermont Overland Rally. This year they bumped up the VOR. So if the VOR is the same weekend next year as it was this year, then we can hit the Fall gathering. I've been wanting to go for the past two years, but go to the VOR instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom