factory roofrack removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok I have all the endcaps removed and screws out but I cant figure out how to remove whatever is holding down the middle posts?

i *just* removed the factory rack this past weekend from my 2003 '100... after removing the plastic shells from the front/middle/rear supports, here's what I found:
- there were a total of ten (10) hex-head bolts (5 on the DS, 5 on th PS), ~2" long, with integrated washers
- 2ea in the front & rear support positions
- 1 ea in the center support position (although there was also an additional un-used hole)

after I unscrewed them all (I believe using either a 10mm or 12mm socket, i don't remember) I gently separated the support brackets up from the mounting locations; there were rubber gaskets that came off as well (the same footprint as the plastic covers)

I didn't take pics, but can do so if it would help. The removal process took maybe 15 minutes and there were no issues

ok I have all the endcaps removed and screws out but I cant figure out how to remove whatever is holding down the middle posts?

The rack slides (I don't remember if it was forward or back) then you can lift the rack off the center posts, and access the bolts that hold the center posts to the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom