Factory Alarm Removal for 2002 LC 100 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to remove/disable the factory alarm for my 2002 LC 100 series. Seen some posts on this in the forum but nothing for my era of LC and nothing that was very detailed or helpful. Feel free to DM me if you don't want this sort of conversation open on the web but any help (even the location of the alarm because I don't know where that is - under the seat?) would be really helpful.

I need to remove mine too, it goes off randomly, I had to disconnect my horn.

I need to remove mine too, it goes off randomly, I had to disconnect my horn.
That's my issue. I've been troubleshooting it for about 2 weeks and have come to the conclusion it's so f-ed up wiring issue that will be $$$ to fix

Well I can't even find the alarm brain to start this process. Was under the impression that it was supposed to be under the drivers seat but nothing. Any ideas where it's located?

image.jpg

Well guys, I THINK everything we all ever wanted to know is in the attached PDF. For 2004, but should work...

Attachments

• Theft Deterrent System.pdf
    737.6 KB · Views: 1,283
Well guys, I THINK everything we all ever wanted to know is in the attached PDF. For 2004, but should work...
Are you positive that there is not an aftermarket alarm installed? The factory security system is tied into multiple different things and not something that I think can be disabled. Better to solve the problem than just to try to remove it.

Ok so alarm brain is actually to the right (passenger side) of the radio/nav display on the 2002 model. You have to pull off the dash to get to it (or I did) and from there it's smoothish sailing. Unplug the brain, trace the wire harness to the next junction, remove it from there and plug the other wires into each other to complete the circuit. Car starts fine, no issues. It can be done!!!

Did you happen to take any pics of the dash off and where the brain was when you did this? Is it possible to reach the brain without removing the dash? Looking to do this on my LX before going aftermarket alarm + remote start.

Looking back on it my post was not entirely accurate in that I didn't pull off the entire dash. I'm pretty sure it was just the face of the radio and some stuff in that area. I do not have pics of this - I might have at one time but it was as I described in my post and in that PDF that I had attached. Are you going to install the aftermarket alarm and remote start yourself? I said "no issues" in my post but actually my car doors no longer "auto lock" when I start driving which is somewhat annoying. Still, beats having that stupid alarm going off for no reason at 2 a.m. Hope that is helpful in some way.

No, I plan on having a shop do it. I have a place that did a clean wiring job on my 80's remote start + alarm. I only wished I had ripped out the TVSS alarm prior. So I'm hoping to remove the stock LX alarm prior to any new systems being wired in.

Thanks for the info. If I can locate the brain, I'll snap pics and post them back up here.

Hi guys

Does anyone have a picture of what box's you disconnected ?

I've found two that have adjustment screws on them (one behind a central heater vent and one down the lower left area of the dash). They are both genuine Toyota but look to be fitted at the dealer possibly as cable ties involved !

I need to stop the random alarm going off after a few hours of locking 🙈

When I did my NAV delete last year, it was on my list to remove the factory alarm. I still haven't gotten around to it, but I took these pictures. Hope they help.

IMG_20190823_175514.jpg

IMG_20190823_175520.jpg

I've not got a box there but then I'm RHD and European alarm.

Or maybe the year of build makes a difference ?

So I've not got a total of 3 control units that I've found.
All have adapter looms so this was certainly fitted after leaving the factory.
Currently got all 3 removed and the central locking still works so will see what happens now.

If it's ok I'll try and slowly add wires or units in at a time to trace the source of the fault

IMG_20200505_124926.jpg

I believe the immobilizer is a seperate control unit from what I have found so far.

With the units in the picture removed I definitely have central locking still working and the security light still working correctly too.

I think the main unit is for the door openings, bonnet, tailgate etc.

The one for the sensors by the rear view mirror does the movement inside the vehicle.

I'm not sure how the glass break one works yet or what components it links to.

My plan is to find the diagram for the main unit and then only fit it with the power and ground wires. Then if it's still ok slowly add a circuit in at a time until I find the one setting it off.

Trouble is getting the right diagram unless anyone has troubleshooted locks etc back to the unit and know what some of the wires do ?

Yeah and that is going to be located in the Electrical Wiring Diagram (EWD) book. I have that for my 98 but sure that it is different for your UK vehicle.

That's where I'm going to struggle I believe - the differences in driver's side, engine type, climate control type and year of build could mean so many options. But also might not as the dash loom may not have many variations !

Right... probably a lot of standard stuff but some "region specific" stuff as well.

I was able to find all my books on eBay so may be worthwhile. Or just google them and see if you can find a group that has the book.

I've managed to find a few versions so far.

Of the 20ish wires one is wrong and three are missing but it's the best so far !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom