Extra oil temp/pressure monitoring functions for Toyota 1hz/1hdt type motors. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What have people done about this, if anything? The factory oil pressure gauge is ok but it tells you basically nothing other than 'yes there is some oil pressure' or 'no there is not'.

My 80's 1hz is now less than 300 km off 700 k km's and is the original motor, never removed, never pulled apart (by me), and oil pressures are always on the lower side. Hardly unsurprising with all the internal wear on an aging motor, and perhaps also an oil pump that is tired. I wouldn't know the first thing and repairing/replacing a worn oil pump assembly on these motors but doesn't mean I cant learn.

It would be nice to have a calibrated oil pressure and temp measurement plus a low oil pressure warning function, but what defines 'low' oil pressure with these motors? ie. what is the pressure measurement that below which is unacceptable for safe engine operation?

Seems like it isn't difficult to replace the factory oil pressure sender with a dual-output one (to drive a gauge and a warning light), but what about oil temp? Where would an oil temp sender be best located?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom