Expected labor cost for lift installation? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am looking to get a lift put into a 200 series what should I expect to pay near San Francisco, CA area?
When I was shopping for the suspension Cruiseroutfitters quoted $450 install. Not finding anything in that price range in CA. It is more around $850-$1,000 for labor.

2013 LC
OME Medium Lift (springs and shocks)
SPC UPA

Kit is not new, however, it is in good condition and not all shops will install the suspension.

Any shop recommendations?

Also, is going full 3"s with spacers recommended? Will it cause too much stress to axels?

$500-700

I paid $400 but I leveled the front suspension only and added rear shocks.

Last edited:
Thanks, a lot better deal than I am seeing so far. Where did you guys to get those deals? Thanks in advance

Thanks, a lot better deal than I am seeing so far. Where did you guys to get those deals? Thanks in advance
Let me know where you end up doing this. I am in the northbay and am looking at the OME 51 or Icon 4. Either way need to see if the cost of having someone else do it is worth it. Thanks

I highly recommend Valley Hybrids in Stockton. The rate may differ quite a bit if it includes an alignment.

What Cole said.
Don’t know cost for suspension there, but quality work for sure.

I just put BP-51s on. A buddy who runs a mechanics shop helped me, along with a very mechanically inclined friend of his. We had a lift, and nice tools.

I ended up "tipping" both $400 each for 16 hours of straight work. The real cost was that a CV joint had come out of its socket within the boot, and I quickly ground it into pieces (read, only a few seconds). That cost me another weekend and 14 hours of driving, plus we accidentally punctured a boot putting in the replacement CV joint, so I got to buy another. All is good now. Lesson - find a shop that has done it before. I live in east TN, so that is near impossible within a reasonable driving distance.

Also, it doesn't take 2 experienced guys 16 hours to do the install, more like a day or less. We also installed new rear springs, an aux fuel tank, front bumper, and winch that day.

Just my 2 cents.

The old saying if you think it’s expensive to hire a professional, just wait until you hire an amateur. Go somewhere that’s done a 200 before and knows exactly what they’re doing so you don’t pay a second shop to fix what the first jacked up.

In Phoenix I had a Tough Dog 2”+ ish
preassembled front struts and the rear springs and shocks for just about $450+ the $100 alignment earlier this year on my 200. We’re lucky out here though because one of the main guys in the local Land Cruiser club out here is the head of service department at at our local Toyota dealer so he gives club discounts. Not your ordinary Toyota dealer, any time I’m there I see 5-10 cruisers in the shop. I think I’m general $700-$800 is fair. In NorCal, Maybe check with Jason at Trail Tailor. He’s up in Redding. Real great guy, very 200 knowledgeable. I bought my suspension from him, he might at least know of somebody closer to SF. He makes the best looking front bumper for a 200 if your ever in the market also.

Does anyone by chance have the name of a competent shop in my neighborhood (southwest Missouri)? After several years of putting a few mods off I’m ready to get busy, starting with my suspension work. I’ve talked to a couple of shops around here about the work....their ballpark quotes are quite a bit higher than what’s being discussed here....
And their eyes glazed over when I started to explain the KDSS...even the service writer at the local Toyota dealer. Needless to say I’m willing to drive, just wondering if there’s an experienced 200 shop within a half day, or am I just going to have to suck it up and road trip to @sleeoffroad or @cruiseroutfit or one of the other great shops on the forum. Thanks in advance for any info, apologies to the OP for the hijack.

I believe book rate for front strut and rear spring/shock replacement is 3 hours on the front, and 2 hours on the rear. I'll try to confirm later, but $700 including alignment would seem about right

I just worked out a combo meal road trip which included a stop at Slee Off-road on our annual ski outing to Colorado. The peace of mind in having an experienced and completely competent shop install my kit was worth the extra stop over imho. Plus, there's plenty of cool stuff to enjoy in the Denver metro area. Call up Amory and he'll schedule you up, super smooth deal..

DUC13,

Did you look into Mudrak in Sonoma or Georg in Stockton? There is a shop in San Carlos that are members here too - can't remember the shops name and I will look later. Gonna need an alignment on top of the install too. Let us know who you come up with and maybe others can use them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom