For Sale Excellent FJ60 in Oregon, USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spotless, original 1984 FJ60 Land Cruiser w/ 135,900 miles.
Purchased from original owner; a classic barn find. I have the bill of sale and corresponding registration from their original purchase. Complete, open checkbook service performed. Completely original inside and out using OEM parts at services. No damage / no rust. It is stunning in appearence and drives like new. The pictures don't do it justice. All features and accessories work as intended: 4WD with Hi/Low transfer case, front and rear wipers/washers, headlight washers, front and rear heating systems, original AM/FM stereo radio and Rear defrost. The color is Sky Blue #861. Includes the original owners manual, service book and complete tool kit with bottle jack.
Recent work:
Front axle rebuild and service w/ new bearings, seals,
Front alignment and four wheel balance.
New front brakes including calipers, rotors and pads.
Intake and exhaust manifolds resurfaced and installed with upgraded gaskets.
Tune up
New OEM exhaust from catalytic convertor back.
Smog pump professionally removed.
New radiator and OEM thermostat, cooling system serviced.
A/C converted to R134a refrigerant.
New wipers arms / blades front and rear.
Carpet in cargo area and wheel house covers replaced.
New OEM reproduction fabric on one seat.
Passes DEQ registration requirements.
Clean Oregon title

$25,500
P1040662.JPG
P1040658.JPG
P1040687.JPG
P1040691.JPG
P1040662.JPG
P1040658.JPG
P1040687.JPG
P1040691.JPG
P1040662.JPG
P1040658.JPG
P1040687.JPG
P1040691.JPG

flipper?

nice rig........you're going to need more than 4 pictures.

Might I suggest good quality pics of the following?

Underhood
Door drain holes
Extensive underbody
Inside of wheel wells
Rain gutters

Looks good from the pics you've posted.

flipper?

nice rig........you're going to need more than 4 pictures.

Personally, I view classifieds on MUD as for contributing members with a posting history. The idea being that the MUD member posting has a history and has some skin in the game for members to better determine that what he his selling is as advertised and if not it effects his MUD rep. A person that just enrolls to sell/flip a Land Cruiser and disappear is not the intended purpose of the classified section imo.

What's the harm in someone signing up to post up a vehicle for sale? I think it's a good thing. Maybe I want a truck just like this, but wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't posted here. Searching through all the craigslists nationwide is a pain, even with services that aim to streamline this process.

Doesn't that serve the forum community in a positive way? Would this not increase the likelihood the vehicle would go to an enthusiast, and presumably be better cared for?

Either way, whether you have "skin in the game" or not, the onus is on the buyer to vet the vehicle as thoroughly as possible to determine if it's as advertised. IMO.

What's the harm in someone signing up to post up a vehicle for sale? I think it's a good thing. Maybe I want a truck just like this, but wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't posted here. Searching through all the craigslists nationwide is a pain, even with services that aim to streamline this process.

Couldn't disagree with you any more if I tried.

Buying a car from a flipper has no better odds than a coin flip. Oh how the Mud classifieds have changed over the years. And not for the better.

Oh how the Mud classifieds have changed over the years. And not for the better.

X2.... it's not just in classifieds either.

In fairness if he is flipping it he signed up in 2013 and is therefore playing a pretty long game. As others have mentioned it is up to the buyer to do their due diligence, especially if they are considering paying up anywhere close to this asking price. One of the negatives I have seen in the short time I have been here are people :poop:ing all over others for sale threads. Often done under the guise of protecting others it really seems to be about something else. Good or bad we should let the guy have his thread IMO.

I have seen this it is accurately represented. The gentlemen's name is Herb. He is a land cruiser enthusiast who has found this truck.

Very clean ride, good luck...

Might I suggest good quality pics of the following?

Underhood
Door drain holes
Extensive underbody
Inside of wheel wells
Rain gutters

Looks good from the pics you've posted.

Gotta see more than just the nice paint and upholstery......

Well said. The onus "ball in your court" is always on the buyer in any sale situation. It's like a card game at times. You ask for more information. If the seller complies and does what you ask, great. If they do not, or use "scammer English", cut and paste, etc.(and I think most of us here can pick up on that real quick), you will usually be able to see this is not what you want to deal with. This is a great site, and it is what we make it at the end of the day. You come to know the regulars and the ones that care about their rep. The ones that won't get into flaming, instead just put their wares out there and desired asking price. One should do their homework as well, since (no offense to ANYONE) sometimes the sellers aren't even aware of what they have. Such is always the case on any forum. We ALL can learn from one another any time. Newbies and OGs. One-day members and "plank-owners" (Navy speak) /OGs. That's what makes Woody's place great. If we want values and prices to be a certain level, we are in control of it. I'm digressing a bit here, but ultimately if we continually pay more and more, we can effectively price many of ourselves out of certain areas/parts. Over the 25 years I've loved these trucks, I have seen some crazy stuff. Free things have gone through the ceiling in less than 10 years. All that said, this 60 looks like a museum piece. It's up to the buyer to serve his hand, and the seller to volley. See, I'm old school. I don't believe in "don't lowball me". When you sell something, there will ALWAYS be the "something for nothing" crowd. You're on a worldwide set, so you may have to field these folk. No way around it. It's up to you (much like fielding criticism in general on here) to know what your "will sell" price is, have tough skin, and simply tell someone that when they play their poker. That last thing being said, I personally will finish my digression with one of my pet peeves: "FIRM". Gotta love that. Usually sends me running for the hills. We all love a friendly haggle, c'mon!

Doesn't that serve the forum community in a positive way? Would this not increase the likelihood the vehicle would go to an enthusiast, and presumably be better cared for?

Either way, whether you have "skin in the game" or not, the onus is on the buyer to vet the vehicle as thoroughly as possible to determine if it's as advertised. IMO.

Was trying to situate GeorgeBJ60's quote on top of mine in the view, I don't know what happened, ha..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom