Engine bogs under full throttle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello eveyone.

I have been reading a lot in IH8MUD and it has been very helpful on my truck. I actually have a Toyota FJZ73 but the engine is exactly the same as on the injection FJZ80 so I think I will get more replies on this forum.

just to start the car is

Toyota 1998 FJZ73
Engine 1FZ-FE 4.5 liter gasoline engine.

Ok so now to the problem

The car had a problem, It would bog when it was hot, like driving at Highway speed for a couple of ours, It would happen when i would accelerate. After a bit i changed the Fuel Pump and it all went well!!! this was 3 months ago.

Now i just did and full engine rebuild because of a different issue and have been driving the new engine for about 2000 miles now. Its is working perfect, no leaks, all good, temp perfect, great power, etc.

The only thing is the fuel level does not read perfect, it will go up and down about 1/8 of a tank. when its cold it will read 1/2 tank for example, and after 30 min driving it will show 5/8 (im only saying this because it could have to do with the problem)

anyways. I was driving back from the coast and i noticed the engine would not accelerate fully, i would have to push the pedal to the floor to get it to pass over 2000 rpm, this is with the engine cold. basically i would feel like the accelerator was more like and ON/OFF switch to either accelerate or not, than a progressive accelerator.

then, after a bit of driving If i tried to pass a car it would bog, like if there was no fuel in the car, for 1 second and recover for 1 second, bog again, recover again, etc etc... on cycles. I have attached a video showing the problem. It wont go over 3000RPM. Its also very particular as it only happens when i push the accelerator to the floor. If i accelerate just a bit it has no problem.

I also put the car on neutral to fully accelerate the engine, it does the same thing!!!
But if i slowly accelerate the engine no problem.

I let the car cool for a couple of hours, turn it on, have the ON/OFF feel of the accelerator i mention before till it got warm (30 min driving) and now it has the same bog problem

I have no idea what to check or replace next, if anyone could help, it would be great!!!

thanks you!!!!!!!

Engine bog video at 60mph full throttle ( i never let go of the pedal) sorry i move so much but since the car bogs it moves a lot!!! but you can see it does not want to go over 3000RPM and that its an on-off-on-off feel. as if there was only gas in the car a bit at a time

another version, you can hear the engine going, stopping, going, stopping, etc.

engine bog video on neutral full throttle (I let go of the pedal when the RPM go to red to let the car go to idel gain)
Full throttle on neutral Toyota fj70

No. It's a clean tank. I already cleaned it.

Also. I wanted to note that I have a gas conversion on my truck. I'm from colombia and it's very common here. So basically what it is ia that the car can also run on natural gas (propane). On this note I want to state that the car runs perfect on natural gas. So the problem is related with the fuel something.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom