Element Fire Extinguisher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Give a shout when you are shipping back orders. Thanks

We are going to do our best to get them all shipped Thursday afternoon, but I will post up once they are on the way.

The video claims that it never expires at around the 1:50 mark...

This is what I have been also told by the manufacturer. This is mainly because it is solid with no moving parts.

Super, SUPER interested in the concept, but wondering couple things, maybe @LC4LIFE you can find out from the mfg through your relationship?

A) if this creates potassium oxide of some sort that 'deposits', and metal oxides are generally bad at small sizes where they can become entrained in your lungs, what sort of cleanup do they recommend after use? I'm guessing full washdown and vacuum? Does that get the metals concentration down to a sufficient level to be safe long term? (normally 3-4 micron stuff stays airborne a long time, I have heard...?)

B) Potassium nitrate is Very Bad in fires, accelerating them actually, and under some conditions can be explosive. How have they mitigated that risk?

Super, SUPER interested in the concept, but wondering couple things, maybe @LC4LIFE you can find out from the mfg through your relationship?

A) if this creates potassium oxide of some sort that 'deposits', and metal oxides are generally bad at small sizes where they can become entrained in your lungs, what sort of cleanup do they recommend after use? I'm guessing full washdown and vacuum? Does that get the metals concentration down to a sufficient level to be safe long term? (normally 3-4 micron stuff stays airborne a long time, I have heard...?)

B) Potassium nitrate is Very Bad in fires, accelerating them actually, and under some conditions can be explosive. How have they mitigated that risk?

I will find out, but from what I have been told, there is virtually no cleanup, unlike powders you get from standard extinguishers. I will however, get more details, hopefully today. More to come...

Got mine yesterday, very quick turnaround, and liked the recycled packaging. Debating where to put it in my LC, but it is a good problem to have.

Got mine yesterday, very quick turnaround, and liked the recycled packaging. Debating where to put it in my LC, but it is a good problem to have.

Got mine yesterday as well. I'm mounting it on the driver side of the center console (over all the stupid safety labels) so I can reach it quickly from the driver's seat.

I will find out, but from what I have been told, there is virtually no cleanup, unlike powders you get from standard extinguishers. I will however, get more details, hopefully today. More to come...

Okay, so I now have the MSDS for those of you that want the nitty gritty detail, but here is the basic explanation to @cruzerDave questions from ElementFire.

Regarding clean-up, because the particle size is in the sub-10um range (PM10) it is effectively a clean extinguisher with minimal/no clean-up required. Looked at another way, the particles generated by the combustion of the fire you are trying to put out will be more significant than any residue the extinguisher might create. Clean-up (if any) is simple.

Viewed in isolation under certain conditions, potassium nitrate can have the effects you describe but don’t forget that the chemistry of the extinguisher is not limited to that single compound. A complete explanation is obviously beyond the scope of an e-mail but it is the complete chemistry that generates the extinguishing effects. Also note that potassium nitrate based aerosol extinguishing compounds are well established and proven in fixed installations and have been in use for decades. Our device modifies the chemistry slightly for use in a handheld system.

I for one, am convinced this is a good choice for not only all the reasons previously mentioned, but also because anytime I work with ElementFire I get an excellent response.

Hopefully this helps everyone even more.

David

If it was designed to be used in a spacecraft, I think its ok on my land tank. I hope I never have to use it.

All pre-orders are packed up and ready to be dropped off in the morning. Everything is in stock as well.

elemstock.jpg

Not sure what made me finally remember to take care of it, but happy a mudder sells these instead of buying from Amazon. Thanks!

Sub’d will definitely need a fire extinguisher and I like the compact size.

At one point they were offering a discount code with free shipping over $99. You might reach out to them and see if that is still on the table. I bought 2 of them. I have never used or tried them though. They are really compact which is great.

Just ordered two (2) more.

Thanks for giving us the discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom