Eibach pro-truck lift kit review? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With the kit (E30-59-005-01-22) are people purchasing and using the OEM Toyota Prado 120 Secondary Spring Isolators (the cones) on the rear? I am confused on this point.

Last edited:
I just used the plastic isolators that came with the kit, comes with an upper and lower for each side. They’re puck shaped unlike the factory cone shaped ones you are referring to. So far no issues

I finally got to install mine...

I do not have any before pics...

The front it really nice and comfy, the back ... stiff without load

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.12.15.jpeg

I can't decide between swinging for this kit with new UCA's now or saving up and buying a Ironman Foam Cell Pro Stage 3 later this year. The Eibach looks like a great buy, but I'd hate to go through the effort of installing it only to wish that I had installed the better FCP lift. My GX is a second vehicle that sees daily short-trip kid hauling duty with weekend trips down gravel roads and actual off-roading 1-2X a month. It gets very little highway miles on it. I do some towing and hauling but not a lot. Some of our gravel roads around here on the way to hiking/camping spots are rough and washboardy, which I understand the FCP excels at. I plan to keep this GX for a long time (10+ years)

Has anyone compared the two?

I installed this lift a few weeks ago along with SPC UCAs on my DD 470. It’s great, I’d say a little stiffer than the normal stock setting but it helped with the brake dive and body roll immensely and is still very plush. Install wasn’t bad at all- it helps to have a second body if you’re doing the “spring compressor-less” install but it can be done by yourself (I did). Overall I would definitely go this route again for my usage.

View attachment 2486978

View attachment 2486979
GX looks great. What perch location did you use on the front?

Found this kit for $700 shipped, I've had a 2006 GX w/KDSS for years that my wife has been driving. Taking it from her and going to do a few mods starting with this lift. Not going nuts, lift, tires and power to run a fridge. I've gone back to plastic bins, plastic water jugs and ground tents just keeping things simple.

Found this kit for $700 shipped, I've had a 2006 GX w/KDSS for years that my wife has been driving. Taking it from her and going to do a few mods starting with this lift. Not going nuts, lift, tires and power to run a fridge. I've gone back to plastic bins, plastic water jugs and ground tents just keeping things simple.
That's a great price

Checking back in with this group, and @Tanner H, for some advice. I've had my lift on for about 6 months and 5K miles and still love the ride, but I've got a horrible howling noise coming from the rear between 50-75 mph since I installed it. It starts at a low hum around 50 mph, rises in volume until howling like you are driving on a highway rumble strip, then lowers in volume as you reach 75 and then goes away above 75. It doesn't always follow this pattern, and its not predictable. Its not noisy on concrete and quiet on asphalt or noisy with no load and quiet with weight in the back. The only common denominator it that it happens between 50-75 mph.

Because I was running my BFGs on TRD rims on the old suspension before I installed the lift, I had developed some cupping on the inside of all 4 tires. After I installed the lift and got it aligned, I noticed the noise at highway speeds. I checked some forums for ideas on the noise. Not the alignment, just had that done. Not the driveshaft - I threw it into N at 65mph and the noise remained. So, I assumed it was the tires and decided to drive on them for a while and get them to wear in to make the noise go away. 5K mi later and the noise persists, so I decided to buy (4) new BFG TA KO2s (265x70x17) on my TRD rims to get ready for summer road trips. First test drive at highways speeds - the noise is STILL THERE!

Have others experienced this? Does this have to do with the pinion angle? I thought this lift could be swapped for stock with no other mods. Is it my wheel bearings? Thanks for any ideas - it's driving me nuts.

Last edited:
Checking back in with this group, and @Tanner H, for some advice. I've had my lift on for about 6 months and 5K miles and still love the ride, but I've got a horrible noise coming from the rear between 55-75 mph since I installed it. Because I was running my BFGs on TRD rims on the old suspension before I installed the lift, I had developed some cupping on the inside of all 4 tires. After I installed the lift and got it aligned, I noticed the noise at highway speeds. I checked some forums for ideas on the noise. Not the alignment, just had that done. Not the driveshaft - I threw it into N at 65mph and the noise remained. So, I assumed it was the tires and decided to drive on them for a while and get them to wear in to make the noise go away. 5K mi later and the noise persists, so I decided to buy (4) new BFG TA KO2s (265x70x17) on my TRD rims to get ready for summer road trips. First test drive at highways speeds - the noise is STILL THERE!

Have others experienced this? Does this have to do with the pinion angle? I thought this lift could be swapped for stock with no other mods. Is it my wheel bearings? Thanks for any ideas - it's driving me nuts.
what kind of noise is it? Start with basics, change rear diff fluid and inspect, lube U joints on rear axle and check for play and then rear hubs and so on. knowing the type of sound and when it happens could be helpful, under accelerations, over bumps, turning etc etc.

what kind of noise is it? Start with basics, change rear diff fluid and inspect, lube U joints on rear axle and check for play and then rear hubs and so on. knowing the type of sound and when it happens could be helpful, under accelerations, over bumps, turning etc etc.
Yeah, forgot to describe the sound. I edited my original post. If it was the diff, wouldn't it have made the same noise before the lift as well?

@Corndogger thats a tough on to pin point. the noise has been there since day 1 with the kit? Like Adventure family said, i would first point fingers at your driveshafts/rear diff. Like Adventure said, start with the easy/cheap stuff. grease all the u-joints. I would also look at the driveshaft and how much grease is in there. I wouldnt pump more grease in the driveshaft, but I would actually remove the grease fittings to see if any grease comes out. Could be too much pressure from the driveshaft onto the diff now that its lifted.

keep us posted. I haven't lifted my gx yet (eibach on backorder) but have 2 items to contribute from my TJ days. 1) very similar issue which ended up being a wheel bearing. it wasn't loose and would spin with the tire on, with the tire off it would not spin nor did if fall apart. 2)after removing my transfer case drop I developed a howl but it was a wow wow wow type sound. corrected with adjustable upper control arms and pull the diff angle to correct. but I could have put the diff drop kit back on. If you have checked the ujoints and diff and wheel bearings I'd move on to the following:
-check axles. these things are all wheel drive so Ive heard of some strange stuff coming from the front.
-spend $30 on a diff drop kit and see what happens
-remove rear axle and drive, see if it stops (dont drive for very long just enough to get through the trouble ranges.
-remove front axle and drive, same thing. just mark them with a white sharpie and put them back in the same way.
-its just process of elimination unless you want to take it to a driveline shop and they can figure it out.
You could also try starting a new post "vibration after lift" or something like that, there is a bunch of smart folks on here and this might be getting lost down on the list because of the title. I would suspect if driveline issues are being caused from a lift it would be any brand not just eibach. my2cents.

keep us posted. I haven't lifted my gx yet (eibach on backorder) but have 2 items to contribute from my TJ days. 1) very similar issue which ended up being a wheel bearing. it wasn't loose and would spin with the tire on, with the tire off it would not spin nor did if fall apart. 2)after removing my transfer case drop I developed a howl but it was a wow wow wow type sound. corrected with adjustable upper control arms and pull the diff angle to correct. but I could have put the diff drop kit back on. If you have checked the ujoints and diff and wheel bearings I'd move on to the following:
-check axles. these things are all wheel drive so Ive heard of some strange stuff coming from the front.
-spend $30 on a diff drop kit and see what happens
-remove rear axle and drive, see if it stops (dont drive for very long just enough to get through the trouble ranges.
-remove front axle and drive, same thing. just mark them with a white sharpie and put them back in the same way.
-its just process of elimination unless you want to take it to a driveline shop and they can figure it out.
You could also try starting a new post "vibration after lift" or something like that, there is a bunch of smart folks on here and this might be getting lost down on the list because of the title. I would suspect if driveline issues are being caused from a lift it would be any brand not just eibach. my2cents.
All great advice, thanks. I've greased the rear ujoints and spider yoke, the noise remains, but is potentially better after a short drive only. i removed the zerk on the spider yoke to check for pressure - no grease came out. I'll stop posting on this for now - good suggestion to start a new thread elsewhere. I'll come back here to close this out when I figure out the problem / solution.

All great advice, thanks. I've greased the rear ujoints and spider yoke, the noise remains, but is potentially better after a short drive only. i removed the zerk on the spider yoke to check for pressure - no grease came out. I'll stop posting on this for now - good suggestion to start a new thread elsewhere. I'll come back here to close this out when I figure out the problem / solution.
So, the massive noise I was hearing between 55-75mph that i was afraid was a wheel bearing? My Front Runner rack is the culprit. I took my roof-top tent off in September for winter the same weekend I put the Eibach lift on. With the addition of a small wind-deflector I added, minus the rooftop tent, the air flow was vibrating at least a few of the cross-members at certain speeds. Since its a solid install, it was causing the vibration to transfer through the entire rig. Put the roof-top tent back on - no noise. Yes, I definitely feel foolish, but at least the drivetrain got a much-needed greasing in my attempt to solve this problem. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. And I can confirm, it was NOT the pinion angle caused by the lift, just as Tanner w Eibach commented.

Glad you found that out. We've all been there. I had a cb antenna on the back of one of my older land cruisers and never made a noise. as soon as i put my cargo box on the roof, the antenna would ride this air wave coming off the box and SLAP the antenna against the truck violently. i couldnt figure it out for two weeks...i kept looking at my cargo box mounting locations. haha.

This year I've finally been adding on to my gx! Thanks to @Tanner H for answering all my questions when calling the shop.

So far the ride is great, I did the 3" (or more) front lift and am debating if I should have bought some aftermarket JBA UCA, I know that going with a 2" lift with the eibach pro kit didn't require UCA's but just read on the apacheoffroad.com site that a 3" lift would require UCA!

Any advice?
IMG_1768.JPG

Also, sharing my before/after alignment specs.

Before Alignment.JPG
After Alignment.JPG

Finally, here is what my stock UCA look like with the kit.
IMG_2155.JPG
IMG_2154.JPG
IMG_2151.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG

Hope these multiple images help anyone decide! Some of the angles (especially last photo) could be misleading as it looks like a tighter fit that it really is. Just hard to take photos underneath without placing the camera right above.

Last edited:
I’m no expert but I’d get aftermarket uca with a 3” lift. I have the adjustable Eibach kit installed, running 2” on front and used SPC control arms. So far, so good.

As an aside, the installation of this kit was easy and it rides great. Great value for what it costs. Only complaint is they should give out free spanner wrenches with the adjustable kit;)

I’m no expert but I’d get aftermarket uca with a 3” lift. I have the adjustable Eibach kit installed, running 2” on front and used SPC control arms. So far, so good.

As an aside, the installation of this kit was easy and it rides great. Great value for what it costs. Only complaint is they should give out free spanner wrenches with the adjustable kit;)
Just ordered some JBA UCAs! Looking forward to it!

Only complaint is they should give out free spanner wrenches with the adjustable kit;)

Dang they should be in the box. no charge there. If anyone is missing one then holler at your boy and we'll send one out immediately.

We are actually coming out with a new design for the rear load leveling setup to make life much easier. We are sending those out to anyone that already has the kit at no charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom