ebay grilles bumpers etc any good? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I already know the answer, but my 86 4x4 had a broken trashed grille and headlight buckets. Anyone have experience with the new flood of new parts on ebay?

The OEM grille that was mostly connected (cracked) to Patty when I bought her didn't feel any more substantial than the Ebay grille I put on. I think I paid $40 for this one - low risk. I picked the base-level looking solid black...
IMG_7791.jpeg

The bumper is an ARB, and according to a guy at ARB... "Looks like this is the last one in North America" after scouring the warehouse database(s).

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. How did it fit? What did you use to attach it? BTW I really like those wheels with the wheel covers!

It fit like the OE grille - just reused the mounting points and hardware.

Thanks - the wheels and covers are for the FJ40 and still available from Toyota. Crazy.

The OEM grille that was mostly connected (cracked) to Patty when I bought her didn't feel any more substantial than the Ebay grille I put on. I think I paid $40 for this one - low risk. I picked the base-level looking solid black...
View attachment 2567805

The bumper is an ARB, and according to a guy at ARB... "Looks like this is the last one in North America" after scouring the warehouse database(s).
That looks like a 2WD grille.

Better shot - before the bumper

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 8.54.57 PM.png

Snooping around. I see there is a one piece version, and a three piece version (grille + buckets). That looks like one solid mass. Si?

It is

I bought this one on eBay. Looks exactly like my old stock one.

C6C9C5D8-F712-4A0D-8172-E8649E4D442D.jpeg

Looks great. Can you link the listing here?

( 372569251326 ) is the listing number. Not sure how to add the link. Carparts wholesale is the seller. I just searched 1985 4runner grill and found this one. Was $31 and change delivered. Figured it was worth a shot.

( 372569251326 ) is the listing number. Not sure how to add the link. Carparts wholesale is the seller. I just searched 1985 4runner grill and found this one. Was $31 and change delivered. Figured it was worth a shot.

Thanks I'll try it too. Cheaper than any used ones (in questionable condition) too. F'in China...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom