easiest way to disconnect non-working door speaker? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2003 LX470, Mark Levinson speakers here.

My passenger door, large speaker (the one closest to the floor) is crackling and not emitting any music. The other two speakers (the smaller ones above it) are emitting music.

I suspect it's not a door wiring issue, as I assume then all 3 speakers would be affected.

Is there an easy way to disconnect that one large door speaker until I can have it replaced? It's a PITA to listen to otherwise!

Thank you!

It's not a hard job to replace the speakers, it took me half a day using the writeup in the FAQ's section and taking my time, I bought all new speakers from Crutchfeild.com for $150.
The hardest part is taking the door panels off.

It's not a hard job to replace the speakers, it took me half a day using the writeup in the FAQ's section and taking my time, I bought all new speakers from Crutchfeild.com for $150.
The hardest part is taking the door panels off.

Which speakers did you end up purchasing and what year and vehicle do you have? I called the local audio shop and they were hesitant to replace with aftermarket speakers since they weren't sure how many ohms the ML speakers had.

How are the new speakers performing?

JBL Stage 602

I replaced the front door speakers with these from Crutchfield for 40 bucks. There is a install thread on here. Easy.

If ones crackling the other is not far away from doing the same. Speakers were crumbling apart on my 2003 LC.

Which speakers did you end up purchasing and what year and vehicle do you have? I called the local audio shop and they were hesitant to replace with aftermarket speakers since they weren't sure how many ohms the ML speakers had.

How are the new speakers performing?

I do not remember, but use Crutchfields car outfitter thingy and it'll tell you what fits/works.

How are they performing?

Instagram post by Philip Lawrence • Aug 23, 2017 at 1:17am UTC

Very awesomely.

I was able to re-foam the door speakers and sub-woofer in my 03 LX with Mark Levinson system- in about a day.

Just call the Folks at simply speakers and they can hook you up with the correct re-foam kits for your model. Simply Speakers - Official Speaker Repair Page - Speaker Parts and Repair Service

$40 bucks or so for the foam surrounds, glue and instructions. It ended up sounding as good as from the factory (it sounded like crap before)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom