Early FJ40 Sideview mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One more mirror-related inquiry...

I know that you can buy the OEM round mirrors from places like Specter, but they have some funky pressed shapes on the back, and they don't look like the one on my early '65 FJ40.

I'm looking for the simple metal round mirror like this one, and wondering if anyone knows what years they would have been in use, generally speaking?

Thanks!
-Seth

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0681 2.JPG

Pre 68. The style with the funky press shape as you put started with the 68 model. It was the model year they moved from the A Pillar to the door hinge and first model that they were on the passenger's side. The early one with both the passenger's side was added.

Pre 68. The style with the funky press shape as you put started with the 68 model. It was the model year they moved from the A Pillar to the door hinge and first model that they were on the passenger's side. The early one with both the passenger's side was added.

That's interesting as I ordered a new mirror for my 1965 from Toyota yesterday. The one they pulled up in their computer for a 1965 had the stamped metal, not the plain one Seth posted

That's interesting as I ordered a new mirror for my 1965 from Toyota yesterday. The one they pulled up in their computer for a 1965 had the stamped metal, not the plain one Seth posted

Nothing strange about that. Earlier one was discontinued and Toyota replaces it with a later one. That is also the last and largest of three mirrors with the stamped back. If you ordered of the two earlier versions the last is the one you would get. It fits so that what you get. If you followed you would see part numbers were just superceded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom