Wanted Early FJ40/FJ45 Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Marks doors are in much better condition then mine.
Pm your mobile number so I can send you pictures of the doors.
The doors that are with me are completely rusted at the bottom..

I sent you a message with my number. I do have a lower that I can use as long as the upper is in good shape.

Dean one thing to pay attention to with mating different bottoms with uppers (in addition to the height issue you’re aware of) is that at some point between early ‘63 and early ‘65 (my two reference points) the bolt holes that hold the top section to the bottom section for the vertical members (4 bolts each) moved from directly inline with the member (early ‘63) to offset with the member (early ‘65). Not a big deal but you’d have to either fill and drill new holes if going from inline to offset or cut and move the mounting boss with holes on the top if going from offset to inline.

Pics probably help:
Early ‘63 - driver‘s side, note the position of the 4 bolts on the right vertical member
IMG_3238.JPG

Early ‘65 - driver’s side, note the position of the 4 bolts on the right vertical member
IMG_3237.JPG

They aren’t the same. Not sure what setup late ‘63 doors have, but there are other differences like door handles as you know.

Last edited:
Dean one thing to pay attention to with mating different bottoms with uppers (in addition to the height issue your aware of) is that at some point between early ‘63 and early ‘65 (my two reference points) the bolt holes that hold the top section to the bottom section for the vertical members (4 bolts each) moved from directly inline with the member (early ‘63) to offset with the member (early ‘65). Not a big deal but you’d have to either fill and drill new holes if going from inline to offset or cut and move the mounting boss with holes on the top if going from offset to inline.

Pics probably help:
Early ‘63 - driver‘s side, note the position of the 4 bolts on the right vertical memberView attachment 2718451

Early ‘65 - driver’s side, note the position of the 4 bolts on the right vertical memberView attachment 2718453

They aren’t the same. Not sure what setup late ‘63 doors have, but there are other differences like door handles as you know.

Thanks Paul! You saved me some major frustration. I just checked and the doors on our ‘63 are the latter and don’t match the lowers I have. Interesting that not only had the latches changed by mid to late ‘63, so had the window frames.

Again, thank you. I very much appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.

ACDE64AC-231F-4C41-8788-D4FFDA686760.jpeg

My pleasure Dean, I’ve been down a number of rabbit trails myself lacking the necessary knowledge from hands on experience. That’s what this forum should be all about.

Dean

The latch is clearly visible in the second pic. Perhaps you mean something else?

Good news!! I was able to track down some door/window frame shells--exactly what I need as I already have the hardware, etc. @mccaleb77, thank you for the doors. Now, just need to get them from Salt Lake City to central Texas/San Antonio. I have some friends going up to Yellowstone that can hopefully pick them up. That being said, if anybody knows of anybody traveling from Salt Lake City down to central Texas, please let me know so we can get these doors on Dani. Thank you to all of you for your contributions to this "Wanted" ad--it was very helpful and very much appreciated.

The other option that would work for me is if anybody has just the upper for the passenger side door. I do have lowers that I could match it to.
Need early FJ40/45 doors for my 1963 FJ45 (have thin vs wide frame on top of door frame). Main need is for the passenger door. Also need one window for one of the doors. I don’t need the handles, window regulators, hinges, etc.
I live down the road from you. I have uppers and glass you can take a look at.

This was a great thread for me, I assumed all early model doors were the same but it turns out I purchased complete doors from a 63 or older cruiser. Oh well, if I can’t get them to fit up I’ll se them. Can’t find the handles to save my life

This was a great thread for me, I assumed all early model doors were the same but it turns out I purchased complete doors from a 63 or older cruiser. Oh well, if I can’t get them to fit up I’ll se them. Can’t find the handles to save my life
Where you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom