Drivers side door lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Put down your flame thrower. I have searched this issue to death.

Symptom: drivers side door will not unlock with key fob or electric door switch. All other locks correctly. In order to lock the front door you have to flip the manual lock switch on the door.

Attempted fix: thinking the actuator was dead I replaced the motor. The motor benched test fine, decided I might as well bench test the "broker motor". It also bench tested fine. Crap.

Popped in the new motor and reinstalled the actuator with no change in results.

Frustrated with my failure, I did a voltage reading at the actuator plug and found 8volts. I have not pulled another door apart to check the voltagebut I'm guessing 8 volts at the actuator is my problem.

Anyone here run into something like this?

Thanks Bill D.

I occasionally have failure on the front doors locks after sitting long periods in the direct Florida sun. It's only when the vehicle is extremely hot. Haven't yet done any trouble shooting or research yet.

How is the ground wire?
Do the windows go up/down slow?

Yeah, actually they do! The passenger side especially.

I guess this is related and something I should look at?

Yes, I will start there.

It's been a while since I play with window mechanisms so I don't remember whether each door has its ground near the hinge area or it comes directly from the master door wiring, with a big master ground wire near the driver side door hinge.

One other thing. The wires inside the rubber boot at the hinge on the driver side door tend to break with time. Check for any damages there too.

Thanks!

That just moved to the top,of my Sunday ToDo list.

Search, search...

Old thread but I'm having the same problem. Mine is intermittent. Driver's door rarely locks with fob but will usually unlock. Any update on this?

Old thread but I'm having the same problem. Mine is intermittent. Driver's door rarely locks with fob but will usually unlock. Any update on this?
I do not dudes what is your exceptional problem with LC100 locks, but usually over 15 years I have change motors on each door.

I occasionally have failure on the front doors locks after sitting long periods in the direct Florida sun. It's only when the vehicle is extremely hot. Haven't yet done any trouble shooting or research yet.

Mine will do the same thing.

Something my DS lock will do is click like it’s trying to lock when the door is about half way open.

I haven’t had an issue lately, so haven’t really looked into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom