Driver's door weatherstrip leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

I have been trying to track down the reason for the carpet on the driver side of my LX450 been always wet after raining or washing it and after a long and thorough research, it looks like the door weatherstrip is the culprit. I only see water droplets inside, half way down the lateral left side of the dashboard and the water drips down from that level to the carpet soaking everything.

Rocker is dry, pulled the plugs under, tried the zip-tie on the rocker seams drain channel (is that the right name?) and used a straw on the sill holes and it is dry as a bone. The sunroof has been closed for years, like 5 or more. I'm thinking about ordering a new outer weatherstrip for the door but would like to know if there is any specific procedure to replace it. I do know that there is no adhesive needed to do the job but just wanted to confirm if it's "easier" enough to do the job myself or this is something that needs more tools and work like a body shop kinda thing to be done correctly.

After watching many videos about other toyota models having the weatherstrip replaced, it doesn't seem to be very hard to replace the outer door weatherstrip attaching the clips all around (21 of them).

Does anyone have any suggestions, videos, pics or info on this?

Thanks and appreaciate any info. Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom