Door Limiter Kit for '74 Weld In (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is the metal of this inner door skin thick enough to cut and weld in the door limiter? It's the SOR door stop limiter repair bracket. 124-14-BRKT

Any special instructions on welding it in?

IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0538.jpeg

If you have welded sheet metal before, this should be easy. But, you need a wire feed welder (preferably gas shielded) and some experience. If this is your first welding project, experiment on something else of a similar gauge first.

If you have welded sheet metal before, this should be easy. But, you need a wire feed welder (preferably gas shielded) and some experience. If this is your first welding project, experiment on something else of a similar gauge first.
Thanks you for your reply.

My uncle owns a body shop, I was going to bring it to him. Just wanted to make sure it was straight forward.

So far so good. They are working on sanding it down and color matchin.

1F84F9B1-0465-4F9E-8E29-D0815A95A57E.jpeg

Finished up! Paint they used was about a shade or two lighter than factory as you can see against the door/doorjamb. Overall they did a good job and they've documented the coloring for future projects.
E61F0D0D-0BBB-413C-A47E-40CB9CB09154.jpeg

My doors look very similar to your before pic (same color too!). This project is on my winter list.
Looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom