Dog eating poo...how to make em' stop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wait till you see one of those little, nose pushed in dogs that looks like he hit a wall at 60. Wait till you see him bring in a horse turd because you lived next to a pasture. wait till you see him bring one back so big and fresh, that it counterbalances his hind legs and he's only running on his front paws

just wait, you'll see, LMAO

You can get a food additive at Petsmart which you can put in your other dog's food that is supposed to solve this issue.

You can get a food additive at Petsmart which you can put in your other dog's food that is supposed to solve this issue.

I got some stuff at our local pet store thats supposed to help his diet and stop this....but so far it's not working.

I saw some stuff called deter that supposed to make the poop taste like...um...crap...:D...so they won't eat it...:D

Get a large 6 volt battery for a flashlight, put wire leads from the + and - sides and stick it in the poo of choice......

I bet that turns some heads in the park when people see you hooking up electrodes to the poo

:)

My boy loves moose poop, cat cookies, horse patties you name it. He is one of the most obedient best dogs ever but this I can not control. I have heard the diet thing over and over. I call B.S. Poop justs smells and tastes too good. You just got to keep an eye out for them and pick up poop as fast as their poopin.:deadhorse:

Look up Coprophagia. Theories on the cause seem to be liknked to physical and/or behavioral.

Are you giving him meaty bones to eat? Eating feces is usually a sign of something missing in their diet. Most kibble does not provide proper balanced nutrition. Dogs are not designed to eat corn and chicken feathers, the major components in most kibble.

can't believe it took 17 posts for someone to actually answer the question. :D)

Vitamin deficiency most likely, consult your vet. Feces is quite toxic even to dogs, you don't want to just let him keep doing it.

Or just get a shock collar... :doh:

A shock collar won't make the dog spit out the poo, he will run from the aria while eating the poo. He may not go back to that spot again but he will find another spot to eat. A six volt battery will make the dog spit it out quickly and he will not eat it again.:doh:

can't believe it took 17 posts for someone to actually answer the question. :D)

Vitamin deficiency most likely, consult your vet. Feces is quite toxic even to dogs, you don't want to just let him keep doing it.

thats cuz this is chat, theres a 17 post minimum ;)

:flipoff2:

Do we got a dog problem that needs solving?

A shock collar won't make the dog spit out the poo, he will run from the aria while eating the poo. He may not go back to that spot again but he will find another spot to eat. A six volt battery will make the dog spit it out quickly and he will not eat it again.:doh:

If you are paying attention and give him a buzz right when he approaches the poo and not after he is already munching on it, he will figure out that he should not even contemplate eating the poo after a few shocks.

I'm not saying that your idea is not good, it's just more work and more poo play. If you use a shock collar, then you have one for later on when you need to correct any other problems.

I think a shock collar would work, they are adjustable from a little jolt to flat out make him jump.
I had a dog that I could not get to stop getting in the garbage. My boss at work brought his shock collar to me after hearing about my dog.
The first 2 settings on the shock collar didn't phase her so I went to the high setting and hit her with it when I seen her start getting in the trash can, man was that a blast, she jumped about 3ft in the air and hasn't touched the trash since.

Post #17 and now the second response to you delima.

The problem is the food you are feeding them. As mentioned dogs do not eat corn and rice naturally. The cheaper dog foods are mostly filler and flavor additives. When the other dog eats the food it passes through their system. What comes out is mostly the filler and the flavor additives that are still in the fecal matter. They will poop 80% of what you feed them. Feed them 10oz of food and they will poop 8oz.

Switch to a better quality dog food for all of you dogs and you will have to feed them less. They will poop less as well since they are actually digesting the food instead of passing it through their system. The poop will actually be poop and the bulldog will quite eating it.

Sit em down at the table with a huge steaming plate of scat and tell him he cant leave the table till it is 100% consumed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom