Does your back seat rattle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, just wanting to see if this is normal, or it's just me. Has anyone noticed their right rear seat (the middle row, single side) rattles a little bit when going over bumps? I'm thinking probably not, just want know if it's normal before I take it to the dealer. Thanks.

Mine does too. I had originally thought it was the plastic cover that covers the lower mounting bolt to the right passenger seat, but I removed the cover, and the rattling persisted. I did some more investigative work, and my rattling turned out to be the passenger-side headrest, where the pole thingy fits into the plastic adjustable grommet. I can't remember what I did to stop it ( I may have just adjusted the height), but it is gone now.

Ah, good call. I'll check that out. I thought it was the car seat at first, but that's not the problem.

Agreed on the headrest. Remove it or adjust it so it has some tension on the mounts. I can always tell in mine when someone in that seat has adjusted the headrest without looking .... rattle rattle rattle :bang

haha I thought it was my car seats as well... I will check the head rests. Drives me crazy! Wife says she can't hear it???

Sheesh. My wife is the same way. I am pretty neurotic about noises, especially in a newish $80k car. I say "Do you hear that?!" She looks at me like: :meh:

Haha.

Sheesh. My wife is the same way. I am pretty neurotic about noises, especially in a newish $80k car. I say "Do you hear that?!" She looks at me like: :meh:

Haha.

Yep, same here. Little noises and rattles drive me crazy...wife claims she can't hear a thing. Back in the 90's, I had a couple Jeep Grand Cherokees...they were great at first, but after about 50k miles they became rattle traps. One of the main reasons I'm a Toyota fan for life is the simple fact that they generally don't squeak and rattle.
And BTW, it was the head rest making the noise. I removed it and no more rattle. I might try wrapping some electrical tape or something around the posts to see if it secures it better. Thanks for the info on this...I am a much happier camper now.

Wait till the seats start squeaking because the leather / pleather on the seat bottoms have dried out and are rubbing against each other. :censor: I put on some Toyota leather conditioner 18 months ago and I am just now starting to get a little squeak ...

Glad I could help. I wouldn't worry about removing it. Just adjust it up 1 notch and see if that helps.

All cars I've owned rattled or made some type of noise when driving - price as little to do with it as my econobox has been the quietest to date.

It's car. A bunch of bits bolted, glued, fastened together for the interstate grind.

Like elka, my rear seat did squeak so I just stuck a microfiber rag in between the suspect areas and it's quiet again. It's not because it's dried out - the leather/material is the "culprit" so putting some greasy stuff on it is just a band-aid. Glad it's working for you.

Very appreciative about the headrest tip. That rattling has been driving me nuts.

You are not alone......:bang:

Can't say I've had this issue yet, but at least there's some good solutions for if (when) it does.

FYI I always thought the rattle/squeaking sound was the car seats and then the headrests. After always adjusting the head rests and eventually removing them figuring that solved it. It always persisted. Finally found the culprit. It's the section between the 60/40 split on seat bottom cushion. They rub together making the annoying sound. Solution put a paper towel between the whole section and tucked it down. Completely gone! Finally peace and quiet, other than the kids....
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425567400.937988.jpg

I have found that a liberal application of leather conditioner such as Lexol on the panels that rub on each other works very well. If you can lay hands on the Mr. T leather conditioner, it lasts longer than Lexol.

My third row seats that are folded up rattle on bumps... Rattle rattle rattle, but not as annoying as when the bumper makes friends with the fender :doh:

I just recline mine and that makes the noise go away.

Hey guys, just wanting to see if this is normal, or it's just me. Has anyone noticed their right rear seat (the middle row, single side) rattles a little bit when going over bumps? I'm thinking probably not, just want know if it's normal before I take it to the dealer. Thanks.
yes they do

I've cut up the Fiskers foam knee mats from Home Depot and placed them anywhere the seats rattle. I find that they do not fit snug to the floor so a well placed foam mat snugs them up. Also put a couple pieces behind the third row seats mounts.
I also put the belt buckles in their holders on the sides. Those rattle bother me too.
Let me know if you want pics.
Rattles and squeaks drive me nuts.

Bump. Any new ideas for rear seat rattle mitigation on the 2hundo fellas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom