Does this mean I need new O2 sensors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ran Techstream before heading out to get a preliminary look at if I might pass emissions here in Denver, CO with my 02 LX.. Found some problems and will try to post the pictures or links.

LX470 emissions.PNG

I'm guessing the 0.000 test value means the S1(s) is/are dead. But also, is it likely that it was a fluke reading because the vehicle sat for several months in an auction yard or who knows what? I cleared the codes and hoping for more current results soon, however, is there a way to check in techstream that there is a live reading coming from the S1(s)? (I don't even know if there are actually 2 sensors not responding, I'll need to figure that out).

Also some more codes in history (who knows when)

LX470 engine codes close.png

So may need new MAF and some kind of air thermostat too. Should also ask, if I replace two O2 sensors, should I replace them all?

Thanks much!
Fritz

Last edited:
I'd check the heater circuit first off. Then unplug the MAF once or twice.

Great help so far!

Cleaned the MAF and reseated, no more MAF error (was probably from a while back)

I checked the heated o2 sensors according to the manual and there was an open loop (dead) on the two top pins (+B and HT) of the pre-cats as expected. The post cats showed about 13 ohms. Replaced all the o2 sensors, and sensor-related errors are gone/not coming back!

Only bad thing now is that the Evaporative system is showing incomplete (I'm guessing from clearing DTCs after replacing the sensors). Does anyone know how long it takes to complete, or if I should be fine taking it in already? I've probably driven maybe 70 miles in the past couple days so far with about 6 or 7 starts.

LX470 evap 1.png

Edit: also seeing some tips online on how to get the evap to complete. Drive in lots of stop and go traffic with smooth acceleration and deceleration, while stopping and idling for a few minutes at times. Idk if only filling the gas tank partially is good or bad for the system too (was also trying to flush out semi-old gas these last few months).

Edit again: Also seeing that you can still pass emissions without this monitor complete, esp with 2000 and newer vehicles in many areas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom