Do TRD OR Wheels fit on stock gx460? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honestly - I guess my first question is will the rims work on the gx460 - I am not sure the off set is the main problem. I have a 2.5 in lift.

then second if anyone has a pic (or multiple pics) of a GXOR w/ TRD 17" rims - that would be great.
Here is my set up: TRD Pro wheels from a 4Runner with 265 70 17 KO2s with no lift and no spacers.
Honestly - I guess my first question is will the rims work on the gx460 - I am not sure the off set is the main problem. I have a 2.5 in lift.

then second if anyone has a pic (or multiple pics) of a GXOR w/ TRD 17" rims - that would be great.
TRD Pro wheels with 265 70 17 KO2s with no lift or spacers.

C8E54713-B922-402B-BCFF-40945634A709.jpeg

PXL_20210711_180706151.jpg

TRD off road wheels with Falken Wildpeaks 265/70r17s on stock suspension. Spare fit deflated as well underneath. These are the SL rated. Had to take off the running board bolt and pull it back with zip ties to not rub.

Here is my set up: TRD Pro wheels from a 4Runner with 265 70 17 KO2s with no lift and no spacers.

TRD Pro wheels with 265 70 17 KO2s with no lift or spacers.

View attachment 2744513

thank you - this is perfect - i might go slightly large because I have a lift.

but I hope there is no major difference between 2011 and 2016 in terms of wheel or rim.

View attachment 2744566

TRD off road wheels with Falken Wildpeaks 265/70r17s on stock suspension. Spare fit deflated as well underneath. These are the SL rated. Had to take off the running board bolt and pull it back with zip ties to not rub.

Thank you - there are a couple of different wildpeaks these at3w tires?

I am really thinking about getting the a/t3w falkens - you like them?

The spare is also the nightmare - when you say deflated - you mean down to like 10psi - or how deflated are we talking?

Thank you - there are a couple of different wildpeaks these at3w tires?

I am really thinking about getting the a/t3w falkens - you like them?

The spare is also the nightmare - when you say deflated - you mean down to like 10psi - or how deflated are we talking?
There are the at3w and they have been great. I have been able to go up trail way more difficult than I should with my stock suspension. They are also pretty quiet on the freeway but I have only had them for about 2k miles. The spare is probably at around 25 or so psi but I have an air compressor anyway when I go offroad so I am not worried about that. The only annoying part is the TPMS light being on all the time.

There are the at3w and they have been great. I have been able to go up trail way more difficult than I should with my stock suspension. They are also pretty quiet on the freeway but I have only had them for about 2k miles. The spare is probably at around 25 or so psi but I have an air compressor anyway when I go offroad so I am not worried about that. The only annoying part is the TPMS light being on all the time.

You should be able to re-inflate your spare while it's in place so your TPMS light goes off.
You'll just have to deflate it, if ever you should need it. If you have to deflate it, I"d suggest removing the valve stem so you're not sitting under there holding the valve stem in. Even if you have tire deflators, it's still faster just removing the stem. Just don't lose the stem after you take it out! o_O

AGP wheels. TRD pro replicas which honestly seem better to me. Wildpeak at3w 265/70/17 just had to remove the bolt as everyone else has said. Stock suspension.

What bolt are you referring too? I just got a 2022 GX so still new to the vehicle but definitely like your wheel /tire setup.

There’s just a bolt that holds the wheel well liner to running board assembly. I removed it, used a heat gun to mold it, then used a small zip tie instead of the bolt. Perfect

Reactions: r2m
Anyone running the stock 18" GX wheels with lift and larger tires? I see most people going down to 17". I actually like the look of the stock 18".

Anyone running the stock 18" GX wheels with lift and larger tires? I see most people going down to 17". I actually like the look of the stock 18".
I have seen a few run 18s, there is a thread on club lexus with more info on people's setups. The reason most go to 17s is to get as much tire as possible to increase comfort with additional side wall and there are more offroad benefits.

I’m running a 2” Dobinson’s lift on stock wheels and 295/75R18 MT’s. I am also running 1.25” spacers all around and going to be doing a BMC next week because of some running.
Pictures?

I have seen a few run 18s, there is a thread on club lexus with more info on people's setups. The reason most go to 17s is to get as much tire as possible to increase comfort with additional side wall and there are more offroad benefits.
Tracking why people go down, but looking for the stock wheel options.

People usually go to 17's more side wall. More side wall = the tire flattening out more over rocks, mud, snow, etc. when you air down.
Not so likely to pinch a side wall.
Also, for "X" (outside) diameter tire of an 18", you usually can get the same "x" size O.D. cheaper in a 17" wheel.
One last point, I forget how wide factory 18's are, but when one goes to a 17" wheel, you want to go as narrow as possible. That helps keep the bead blowing off the rim when aired down.

Now, that all being said, it's a moot if you don't plan on any serious off roading and you have extra coin to spend on tires. :meh:

Tracking why people go down, but looking for the stock wheel options.
Which "stock" 18's are you talking about? The 5-spoke ones? Offset also becomes an issue. 285/65/18's on 5-spoke OEM can rub on the UCA's near full lock. TRD OR 17's will move the tires out just enough to fix that. Then they'll just rub on the fenders...

Which "stock" 18's are you talking about? The 5-spoke ones? Offset also becomes an issue. 285/65/18's on 5-spoke OEM can rub on the UCA's near full lock. TRD OR 17's will move the tires out just enough to fix that. Then they'll just rub on the fenders...
Oh-yeah!!! Totally forgot about offset! Absolutely agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom