Do TRD OR Wheels fit on stock gx460? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Been looking everywhere on the internet but can't find anybody running the 4runner trd off road or trail wheels on a gx460. There are a lot of these for cheap on Craigslist and would rather go this route to be able to get 17s. Does anyone know if these will work on a stock gx460 as a 265/70R17? Seems like everybody has the pro wheels only. Looking to fit falken wildpeak at3w eventually in the largest size where the spare will fit underneath. Thanks for the help.

Somewhat related question for you all as well. Anyone have any experience running the 4Runner Rock Warrior wheels 17x7.5? Unsure of the offset etc so similar to op. Worth the chase?

They fit
2FEFF570-F4CC-4031-AD1D-69703813632F.jpeg

Sorry but these are not the wheels in question. I was talking about the trd off road or trail wheels on a stock suspension.
Are the rims that you are asking about different in dimension than the ones I showed?

tires drive fitment, generally, not rims.

Are the rims that you are asking about different in dimension than the ones I showed?

tires drive fitment, generally, not rims.

The wheels are different widths. The pros are 7 vs 7.5 for the off road / trail. The offset is different as well.

17"x7.5" +15 offset. 4runner Off road / trail wheels
17"x7" ±4 offset 4runner trd pro wheels

These are specs I found online which are hopefully correct.

Most Craigslist posting I find are trd off road wheels with stock 265/70R17

If those wheel offset specs are correct (I know the offset for the TRD Pro wheels are in fact +4mm) then you are looking at 4/10" difference in offset between the two. That could have an impact in regards to clearances depending on what size tires you plan to run. Both of those wheels have more offset than the factory 18" GX wheels. A 265/70/17 shouldn't be an issue on a stock GX, but I can't confirm with first hand knowledge.

If those wheel offset specs are correct (I know the offset for the TRD Pro wheels are in fact +4mm) then you are looking at 4/10" difference in offset between the two. That could have an impact in regards to clearances depending on what size tires you plan to run. Both of those wheels have more offset than the factory 18" GX wheels. A 265/70/17 shouldn't be an issue on a stock GX, but I can't confirm with first hand knowledge.
I have 265/70/17 all terrain with stock suspension and they rub slightly on very sharp turns or on a bump with the wheel turned in the right direction. Most likely could be pushed back a little with a heat gun.

I have 265/70/17 all terrain with stock suspension and they rub slightly on very sharp turns or on a bump with the wheel turned in the right direction. Most likely could be pushed back a little with a heat gun.

There ya go OP.

Found a place to get wheel specs pretty easily and since @SouthTxGX had the old Trail wheels and they worked, hopefully the newer OR / Trail wheels will work. Here are the specs btw:

Thanks for the help

Looks like both the older and newer Trail wheels have the same +15mm offset so you should be fine. I ran 255/70's on the factory 18's without a lift and had very little rubbing. Those tires are shorter and only 4/10" narrower and they have a much more positive offset.

I have these wheels with 265/70/17 Falken AT3w tires. I chose them over the Pros because they are half an inch wider and have better valve stem protection. I did push back the plastic a bit with a heat gun which stopped any rubbing I was getting. My spare is an FJ wheel with same tire size but different brand so I'm not sure how well a Wildpeak fits.

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_8638.jpg

I have these wheels with 265/70/17 Falken AT3w tires. I chose them over the Pros because they are half an inch wider and have better valve stem protection. I did push back the plastic a bit with a heat gun which stopped any rubbing I was getting. My spare is an FJ wheel with same tire size but different brand so I'm not sure how well a Wildpeak fits.

View attachment 2524345

View attachment 2524354
Thank you for sharing the pictures and specs. This is exactly what I am trying to do.

A few days late, but I’m here. I’ve been running the older trail wheels for a couple months with no issues. The 265/70s should fit well as long as it’s nothing too aggressive. I’ve got 275/70s with a 2” lift and I do get some slight rub on the factory steps while braking hard and turning. I plan on having most of that area cut off when my sliders go on soon.

E8145472-F7A4-46A8-92F0-56F4A33E45DE.jpeg

Those look great on there!
I always wanted to do the TRD wheels but could never find them to cost less than a comparable aftermarket performance off road wheel.
Anyways, I'm real happy with the wheels I have. :meh:

Reactions: xlx
Does anyone have a picture of a 460 with the newer 4runner Trail wheels?

The wheel @manpurse posted, but on a 460.

I know they will fit, but I haven't been able to find a picture of them mounted anywhere.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom