Do TRD OR Wheels fit on stock gx460? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have a picture of a 460 with the newer 4runner Trail wheels?

The wheel @manpurse posted, but on a 460.

I know they will fit, but I haven't been able to find a picture of them mounted anywhere.

Thanks!
Which wheels are you talking about? Can you share a picture. Here is my setup
PXL_20201228_201541009.jpg

And another stock suspension with 265/70/R17 BFG KO2 Some rubbing initially, but a heat gun and force fixed it.

A4F2D975-E2CA-4A4C-B70A-17CC5A0F5B28.jpeg

And if you prefer a Batman theme 😁
B16C2584-559B-4104-9B1E-7F8EDA1010B2.jpeg

And this combo fits the spare location as well. Probably about the largest you can go without letting air out and using a ratchet strap to squeeze it in.

Last edited:
TRD PRO 17” wheels with BFG KO2s in 265 70 17 with no lift work fine with only a very slight rub on a full turn backing out of
TRD PRO 17” wheels with BFG KO2s in 265 70 17 with no lift work fine with only a very slight rub on a full turn backing out of a driveway

TRD PRO 17” wheels with BFG KO2s in 265 70 17 with no lift work fine with only a very slight rub on a full turn backing out of a driveway.View attachment 2528187

This is what i'm going for on my '15.
did the spare fit by any chance?

Dumb question: did you use your original lug nuts from Lexus or did you get new ones for your TRD wheels?
The TRD pro wheels came with the TRD lug nuts so I did not use the Lexus lug nuts. I don’t think they will work on the TRD wheels.

Just as a heads up, one should always used the lug nuts provided by the wheel manufacturer.
Lug nuts are chamfered so they center and make concentric the stud to the bolt hole on the wheel. This is what helps keep your wheel from being bolted off center.
Not all wheel manufacturers may use the same chamfer, if at all.

Just as a heads up, one should always used the lug nuts provided by the wheel manufacturer.
Lug nuts are chamfered so they center and make concentric the stud to the bolt hole on the wheel. This is what helps keep your wheel from being bolted off center.
Not all wheel manufacturers may use the same chamfer, if at all.
Are the GX wheels hub-centric? Or I guess the better question is are the TRD Off-Road wheels hub-centric (vs lug-centric)?

That... I couldn't tell you. sorry.
I don't have the TRD wheels and I never had a chance to take off any of my old GX factory wheels.

Anyone else with TRD wheels to chime in???

Does anyone have a picture of a 460 with the newer 4runner Trail wheels?

The wheel @manpurse posted, but on a 460.

I know they will fit, but I haven't been able to find a picture of them mounted anywhere.

Thanks!

I am looking for the same thing - a few pics or reviews if the TRD Pro rims fit the 460 and also how they look

Do you want pictures of the pro wheels or trd off road wheels?

Honestly - I guess my first question is will the rims work on the gx460 - I am not sure the off set is the main problem. I have a 2.5 in lift.

then second if anyone has a pic (or multiple pics) of a GXOR w/ TRD 17" rims - that would be great.

Honestly - I guess my first question is will the rims work on the gx460 - I am not sure the off set is the main problem. I have a 2.5 in lift.

then second if anyone has a pic (or multiple pics) of a GXOR w/ TRD 17" rims - that would be great.
i forgot to post pic

rim like this

Mine came off a 2021 4runner. $500 with no miles on the tires, including lug nuts. I'm not thrilled about the tires, but I am very pleased with the price. A can of wheel paint from OReilley and I like the looks. Some rubbing when I hit a driveway with the wheels turned. It's only happened once in 1000 miles.

DSC_0644.JPG

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom