Do 1hz's require BEB inspection/service similar to 1HDT and how often ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm aware of BEB issues with 1hdt's, but what about 1hz's? If I can't find money to replace the motor it'll be over 700 k km's in the next few months and in the time I've had it (12 years and about 200 k km's added to odo from 505 km when I bought it) I've never done anything with the engine internals or the head except for valve shims at 600 k km's when t-belt, pump, t-stat etc were also done.

Oil pan has not been off.

I don't know how to tell if there are any issues with the bottom end.

I wouldn't worry about it, especially if it's still N/A

You could have a used oil sample analysis done when you do an oil change.
One thing it will tell you is if bearings are failing and if bearing metal is present in your oil.

At 700k km any weakness or vulnerability in your BEBs would have shown up, ohhhh, 1/2 a million km ago or so! :lol:

At this point, everything in that engine is gonna have a fair bit of wear. Opening it up to change BEBs could be opening a can of worms

I did mine (1hz) at 470k kms just because I was already in there doing other stuff. I saw no evidence of wear and used standard replacement bearings.

My understanding (parroting cruiser people smarter than me) is that the beb issue affected only a small run of bearings used in the 1hdt.

You could have a used oil sample analysis done when you do an oil change.
One thing it will tell you is if bearings are failing and if bearing metal is present in your oil.

At 700k km any weakness or vulnerability in your BEBs would have shown up, ohhhh, 1/2 a million km ago or so! :lol:

At this point, everything in that engine is gonna have a fair bit of wear. Opening it up to change BEBs could be opening a can of worms
Kinda why I do regular oil and coolant changes at least annually.

my 1hdt has just over 600 000km. i just did a valve adjustment. it was actually further out of spec than i would have thought. its way more efficient now! thats one thing id suggest doing if it hasn’t been done .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom