DIY welding (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somehow I missed that above. Thanks very much, will look into it!
Here’s a 150... it’s $500 less, but further away. Do you have any friends in Kelowna?

516EF1E0-8615-4BCB-9453-B9D78D7DDFCA.jpeg

The 251 was even setup for a spool gun.

Here’s a 150... it’s $500 less, but further away. Do you have any friends in Kelowna?

View attachment 2509646

The 251 was even setup for a spool gun.
NVM, based on google it seems to be overpriced and light for aluminum... and not suitable for a spool gun.

Lunchbox Tig/stick... don’t know what its full potential is.
A51A9B90-A20A-4281-8D09-4AAB4ECB241A.jpeg

A6D946EC-BBC4-4764-A6EC-F9CE39168FCC.jpeg

For fixing your Hot Wheels! Actually it’s Very cool.

Last edited:
We have something similar here at work. Set up as a stick because the only guy here who knows how to tig liked the bigger machine underneath it better because it has a foot pedal.
Naturally, he hasn't been here in a year to show anyone how to switch it back :lol:

Miller thing. Tiny.

Because I "know" how to weld I seem to get the work orders for welding stainless s*** back together, and the s*** is usually waaay too thin to be welded with a stick.
I still do it because it amuses me to melt expensive things. I keep thinking they'll stop giving me the work orders when their precious items are returned looking like they fell in a volcano , but it hasn't happened yet.

PXL_20201202_050209249.jpg

If I had the choice I’d use TIG... that way I’d get paid to practice. Welding seems to be about 10% theory and 90% practice. There’s only so much someone can explain... the rest is feeling / instinct.

If I had the choice I’d use TIG... that way I’d get paid to practice. Welding seems to be about 10% theory and 90% practice. There’s only so much someone can explain... the rest is feeling / instinct.

Not mentioned was the fact that the argon bottle has been empty for 2 years. I'm the only guy who gives a s*** and wants it filled, but I can't leave the building to do it when I'm on days, so stick it remains. :rolleyes: :bang:

Not mentioned was the fact that the argon bottle has been empty for 2 years. I'm the only guy who gives a s*** and wants it filled, but I can't leave the building to do it when I'm on days, so stick it remains. :rolleyes: :bang:

Can you spend some precious public funds and get gas delivered? Anything to make the work day more entertaining. :hmm:

That mini arc is for TIG steel isn’t it? It looks like 110V. But for small fab projects it might be cool.
Anyone have an opinion? know anything about it? If it’s TIG, doesn’t it require gas or it that
just for aluminum?

Those little stick machines are pretty cool and very useful. We use one like the Miller @seapotato posted for the smaller stuff but they burn pretty hot and can me wired 110 or 220.
Easier moving that around then stringing welding cables all over the machine, let alone up and down this ****in stairmaster all day.

FB7FA181-5241-4A3E-86F1-C7715956488B.jpeg

Those little stick machines are pretty cool and very useful. We use one like the Miller @seapotato posted for the smaller stuff but they burn pretty hot and can me wired 110 or 220.
Easier moving that around then stringing welding cables all over the machine, let alone up and down this f***in stairmaster all day.

I gotta chat with you about your job over a beer sometime. Pretty epic equipment you work on.

Sorta wish I'd gone for the 212 , I have @Toshi38 's in my shop. Nice machine.

Ya I was very happy with that machine... The advice I got was to spend as much as I was comfortable with that I wouldn't regret having a little bigger machine and I stand by that now... Even if it's just for seapotato to use

Ya I was very happy with that machine... The advice I got was to spend as much as I was comfortable with that I wouldn't regret having a little bigger machine and I stand by that now... Even if it's just for seapotato to use
Haha, I haven't used it much actually. With the thick wire in your machine, and the thin stuff in mine, I was thinking swapping bottles would be easier than swapping wire, but then, I'm still too lazy for that, so I've mostly just cranked mine up and zapped the piss out of whatever thicker bits I needed to weld. :hillbilly:

Tried your plasma cutter a couple times but couldn't get it to work... so that's not getting much use either :lol:

I want to make a scissor lift table/work bench, so I might have another go with your stuff once I get motivated enough to start on that, but it might end up mostly wood and not steel anyways.

Should you need plasma cutting, I have a Hypertherm . It will easily slice 1/2”. Like butter.

Should you need plasma cutting, I have a Hypertherm . It will easily slice 1/2”. Like butter.
Thanks but it pretty much never comes up. I thought about buying one years ago, but I wouldn't use it enough.

Have one at work too for the rare occasions I want to play with one...like cutting street numbers out of old bedpan washer stainless :lol:

Haha, I haven't used it much actually. With the thick wire in your machine, and the thin stuff in mine, I was thinking swapping bottles would be easier than swapping wire, but then, I'm still too lazy for that, so I've mostly just cranked mine up and zapped the piss out of whatever thicker bits I needed to weld. :hillbilly:

Tried your plasma cutter a couple times but couldn't get it to work... so that's not getting much use either :lol:

I want to make a scissor lift table/work bench, so I might have another go with your stuff once I get motivated enough to start on that, but it might end up mostly wood and not steel anyways.

It was working fine before, but I've not used it in a long time, should be just hook up air and put the clamp and press the button... maybe a wire broke in storage or something?

😳 isn’t that skinny metal leg a bit hard on the wood floor? Can get Christmas tree stands all
day at any thrift store for $2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom