Distributor cap vent VCV issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered a couple, thanks for getting this info out to us!

While waiting for them to come in, I was able to resurrect the charcoal canister one (drivers side) with a little soaking and air. The one for dizzy wasn't salvageable though, so I really appreciate this, and now I know it was the source of a previously overlooked vacuum leak

It wasn't leaking when pulling a vacuum, but it wasn't operating per the FSM test. I don't remember exactly the symtom, but it was something like this, I pulled a vacuum on s and the puff test between the other two wasn't working, so bad or good I sprayed some pb in all the holes and let it sit overnight. Works great so far, but I'm looking forward to peace of mind in getting the new ones.

Thanks for sharing Twin.

I just received a couple of the FZJ80 replacements. One went into dissy vent circuit on 79 FJ40, other is doing dissy vent in 87 FJ60. Both cases required slight rerouting of vac hose to match reconfigured valve. Working good now.

just had the exhaust manifold gasket replaced and noticed something.

I recall my 60 made the poof in the cab from the dizzy on occasion over the years, but it stopped a few years ago.......I think it had to do with the exhaust leak, because now that mine is not leaking, the poof is back(sometimes)........so I have 2 of the VCV on order.

It's funny. So many people are buying the 90925-03192 VCVs that they are now all on back order. I have 12 on back order with many not arriving till the end of June... Meaning .... They are coming from Japan.

I was going to say that, even before I ordered 4(2x60, 2x40) they were on backorder

It's funny. So many people are buying the 90925-03192 VCVs that they are now all on back order. I have 12 on back order with many not arriving till the end of June... Meaning .... They are coming from Japan.

Uh oh....what did I do?

But you know... I was thinking this might would happen and took an unselfish risk to share with the world. The world is a mighty big place as we know....and MUD reaches far.
It is my belief that if stuff sells, Toyota will offer it for sale. If not, it won't after the 10 yr grace period expires.

Perhaps if the supercomputer at Toyota's top secret headquarters (that runs the algorithm which calculates when to kill a part) records a big spike in sales.... maybe, and just maybe, it will trigger another PO from a supply chain manager to get another big batch of these VCVs manufactured.

That was my hope anyway.
Toyota will sell it..... if we will buy it.

Folks:

So many people have requested the VCV's (I've got almost 30 on order now) that Toyota has put a stop-sale on these. They don't have enough supply to keep up with demand.

These are on DEEP backorder country now meaning you are looking at weeks for Toyota to keep up with demand.

All of them are going to come from Japan and they are going to trickle in.

Don't be surprised with 3-5 weeks wait times on these VCV's currently.

:cheers:

If they are tooling up I can think of a thousand other things!

nice, we broke the system :)

what does a stop order really mean?

(let me guess, its what it sounds like)

Folks:

So many people have requested the VCV's (I've got almost 30 on order now) that Toyota has put a stop-sale on these. They don't have enough supply to keep up with demand.

These are on DEEP backorder country now meaning you are looking at weeks for Toyota to keep up with demand.

All of them are going to come from Japan and they are going to trickle in.

Don't be surprised with 3-5 weeks wait times on these VCV's currently.

:cheers:

I hope you have mine as I don't have access to it right now

I do not. I have a huge list of VIN's. I'm giving them to Toyota as needed.

I'm also trying to figure a way around this restriction.

2 down......2 more to go.....and 2 spares

no clue if they are working yet......if I don't hear the POOF then I guess so

had no issue ordering 2 more today, now I may hear tomorrow there was an issue, but my guy did not see in listing on that PDF you guys have. Can always use moms 97 VIN to cheat ;)

My situation is slightly different than normal Toyota in the rest of the nation. I am at a distributorship which means that we have slightly different rules about part procurement.

I read this post last week and decided to replace my 28-year-old VCVs with the 90925-03192 VCVs. My truck has always run pretty well, but did have a bit of the classic stumble in the lower rpm range. I'm desmogged with a newly rebuild head, so I wasn't sure what the problem was. Holy cow - stumble is gone and the old 2F is purring. Definitely a huge improvement, and one I never would have figured out without Output Shaft, Beno, Jim and others on this board. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom