Dissent offroad modular front bumper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do have a local lx570 that want a bumper and so maybe if I ever get caught up I can work on those. :)
My thoughts right now for the front are to keep the center section with winch mount, frame brackets and recovery caps steel and do the wings in aluminum.
This will likley drop the bumper weight down to around 60-70 lbs.
being that the bumper is modular previous customers could upgrade the wings without buying a complete bumper.
I will be building aluminum accessories for the rear, aluminum roof rack, aluminum skids and possibly doing an aluminum slider option,
I know aluminum is not the best option for sliders but I have some ideas that I think will change that.

I just got finished installing my bumper. I can easily say, this is the end-all be-all most awesome bumper ever designed in the history of man. It fits together like Legos. It seemed to me that the person that designed this should be designing Rockets or fusing Atoms. Props to you been! Super Duper awesome! I have to for the round fog lights, and couldn't be happier.

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

I just got finished installing my bumper. I can easily say, this is the end-all be-all most awesome bumper ever designed in the history of man. It fits together like Legos. It seemed to me that the person that designed this should be designing Rockets or fusing Atoms. Props to you been! Super Duper awesome! I have to for the round fog lights, and couldn't be happier.

View attachment 1400089

View attachment 1400090

View attachment 1400091

View attachment 1400092
Thanks for the pics and kind words!
Looks great.

My pleasure, Ben. It was all true.

Jerryb, it's pearlescent grey. I was attempting to match the grey accent color in my rig. It looks pretty close. You can see when I post pics of the rear bumper.

What is the current estimated ship time for orders placed around now? I need a new bumper to replace the stock one after it was damaged!

Last edited:
What is the current estimated ship time for orders placed around now? I need a new bumper to replace the stock one after it was damaged!
Unfortunately I'm still 8-12 weeks out. let me know if you can wait and would like to place an order.
Thanks!

Are the cutouts strong enough to be used as highlift jack points?

^^^They should be but, I think the sliders or the shackles make a far better hi lift point.

Can confirm that they are strong enough, but I would have preferred not to need to test that as a jacking point. In other news, now I need a new spare...

Subd. These look amazing. Read through a lot of pages. Great work @benc

I'll have my LX in a couple months.

@wildman326 yours turned out great. I'll have the same color LX and will keep your bumper color scheme in mind.

Any further progress or thoughts about making the wing sections from aluminum?

Any further progress or thoughts about making the wing sections from aluminum?
Yes, I'm going to build a set and see how it works out. Will have some more info soon.

Yes, I'm going to build a set and see how it works out. Will have some more info soon.
If you need a first buyer for the first one, I'm interested.

If you need a first buyer for the first one, I'm interested.
Working on getting pricing on the front bumper made 5052 aluminum. As of now I'm thinking I will try and do the wings and center with aluminum and keep the brackets and caps steel.
I will likely need some kind of steel winch reinforcement if I decide to do an aluminum option for the center.
I'm still working on getting a better price but it's looking like it's going to cost me about $300 more to go aluminum, on the main bumper. Not sure weather or not I will offer the bull bar in aluminum.

Just ordered a Miller 350p with push pull gun which has pulsed welding capabilities so it should be a huge upgrade from my current spool gun set up!

Unfortunately I'm still 8-12 weeks out. let me know if you can wait and would like to place an order.
Thanks!
@signs1000 It is well worth the wait. My wait was about the same time frame and at times I wasn't sure if it was worth but as soon as that bumper showed up and seeing the quality of the work, and how easily it went on I knew the 10 weeks was worth it.

Hey Ben, will the Comeup SEAL gen2 9.5rs work with your front bumper? I assume it does, but just want to confirm before I pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom