Dissent Front/Rear Bumper install instructions (LX)

Thanks to @benc for fabbing up his wicked design for the 200, entrusting me with a self-install, and for answering a ton of my silly questions.

Mad props to @1world1love for sending me countless reference pictures and measurements!

I'll be back to add a ton more details, but for now, I'm going to blow through and get these puppies mounted.
@radman

Very nice work. Appreciate the install details. I have a couple questions.

Could you give a rough estimate on how many hours that you put into your front and rear bumper install project. I am looking at picking up a 570 sometime in the next 6 months and given that I work in the Middle East, I am not sure how much time I am going to have the next time I am back in the States.

Also, I really like the way that your wheels/tires look with those bumpers, did you do any in regards to suspension/AHC and what size tires are you running.

Very Impressive work

I made real instructions, and added a draft version to the first post in this thread. Now there's no reason for you not to get your own😁
That's one of the best write ups I've seen. Will the rear bumper instructions be added?

Ben just emailed me that my rear bumper is shipping today. I can't wait!

It looks like you had your bumpers painted before trying to install. I was contemplating mounting the rear bumper bare then removing for paint so I don't damage the paint figuring everything out. In hindsight, do you think it's worth taking this approach or just having the bumper(s) painted in advance?

That's one of the best write ups I've seen. Will the rear bumper instructions be added?

Ben just emailed me that my rear bumper is shipping today. I can't wait!

It looks like you had your bumpers painted before trying to install. I was contemplating mounting the rear bumper bare then removing for paint so I don't damage the paint figuring everything out. In hindsight, do you think it's worth taking this approach or just having the bumper(s) painted in advance?
I'm still working on the rear instructions, but I'll post up a pdf of what I have tonight. I don't see a reason to mount it up before you get it powder coated... there won't be any metal work that would get damaged.

You could start calling powder shops to get quotes. The rear should cost $300-400 for prep, prime, and powder.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
I'm still working on the rear instructions, but I'll post up a pdf of what I have tonight. I don't see a reason to mount it up before you get it powder coated... there won't be any metal work that would get damaged.

You could start calling powder shops to get quotes. The rear should cost $300-400 for prep, prime, and powder.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks! Based on your experience, I'll just have it painted before checking fit.

I'm planning on having it painted to match my vehicle. I don't know if it's just the powder coater I used, but I had some bumpers powder coated to match a white vehicle and the whites didn't match very well. I'm leary of trying to get a metallic silver matched with powder, so I'm planning to just go with paint.

I'm not in a big hurry for the instructions since paint will probably take a while after I receive the bumper.

Sonar surgery:
On my '15, the parking sensors are almost a straight fit into the Dissent holes, so I had to use a Harbor Freight Step bit to go bigger. 13/16" was the exact size that worked for me. Ben suggested not forcing the sensors in if the hole is too tight because that can cause malfunctions or false objects.
I also cut off the sensors factory clips and small plastic aligner to make them perfectly round.

8DD17DCF-CDD4-46C0-9FD9-17207A097330.jpeg

44118337-5D08-43BC-89EB-888639966982.jpeg

8E2E39AC-5998-44B0-A6E6-2BD62FD87290.png

7AAF17CC-1879-49CE-B6C2-AD38A3820E48.jpeg

4D61745A-3C83-401D-B5B3-8D302425D224.jpeg

I can confirm that the rear swingarms come off in less than 5 minutes.

1) remove both bump stops
2) remove gas strut
3) remove Inner two 7/16" bolts, close arm
4) remove outer 2 7/16" bolts and lift arm out of bumper.

Center section had to come out to install the trailer plug (dust cap has to be removed from the back of the harness) and parking sensors. I let the kids tag the cross member while it was all opened up.... hope they don't grow up to be truants...

6837A497-D113-46DD-8DC6-A5B04D03F5F6.jpeg

666F0462-5120-47E2-A5CA-60AEBA65F159.jpeg

I'm planning on having it painted to match my vehicle. I don't know if it's just the powder coater I used, but I had some bumpers powder coated to match a white vehicle and the whites didn't match very well. I'm leary of trying to get a metallic silver matched with powder, so I'm planning to just go with paint.
I just posted the rear instructions to the beginning of the thread.
Make sure you don't have the Swing arm strike pads painted. They are stainless steel and will get rubbed/scratched if you paint them.

I decided to swap my swing arms for 3 reasons: weight distribution, visibility, and hi-lift jack mount

1) surprisingly, the table side weighs only 4lbs more than my ladder/accessory side. However, the tire/wheels weighs a freaking 100lbs. This should balance out the passenger side since it has the stock gas tank.
2) my rear view camera was still usable with the ladder on the driver's side, but having the ladder on the passenger will be better for over the shoulder blind spot checks.
3) the hi-lift jack mounts are specific to left/right due to the tire carrier. I may throw up one of these to go along with my red/black color scheme.

It took exactly 20 minutes to unbolt and swap the sides, and lifting the tire back up solo almost gave me a hernia 😂. Modular is cool!

F42B813E-FD3F-4362-B5FD-453723849607.jpeg

D3F8CA66-BD41-4F98-AB80-6AA434350966.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom