Dissent Front Bumper Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok we are quickly getting enough people in this buy in to get it going. We will need to finalize the options people want. Here they are:

Steel or Aluminum

Full bull bar, medium stinger, small stinger, or none.

3/4” bullet lights X10 - yes or no

Rigid 3x3” flush mount light set - yes or no

Hit Reply and let me know the options you want and I will put in an order with Ben. Thanks!

@Road Apple I searched and searched for 100 series hoop styles, I swear there was one picture someone posted with all three styles side by side in an informal club meetup, do you know where I can get a few shots?

My order was for a front with the understanding that i would like to add the rear if it came available. However you want to package that up.
Yeah I was hoping to use it as way to get bumpers to us faster, the more orders we can package together, the faster we might be able to get a production run done

@Road Apple I searched and searched for 100 series hoop styles, I swear there was one picture someone posted with all three styles side by side in an informal club meetup, do you know where I can get a few shots?
I’ve been looking for the hoop style too. No joy. Ben may have to provide a pic.

I’ve been looking for the hoop style too. No joy. Ben may have to provide a pic.
Found some on the interwebs....Here is the front low bar on a 100 series:

1615271659036.png

Another without light bar:

1615271778524.png

I looked at his site, really nice design! Looking for a weld kit to keep my costs down...if you do that I'd be all over it!

Last edited:
Ok we are quickly getting enough people in this buy in to get it going. We will need to finalize the options people want. Here they are:

Steel or Aluminum

Full bull bar, medium stinger, small stinger, or none.

3/4” bullet lights X10 - yes or no

Rigid 3x3” flush mount light set - yes or no

Hit Reply and let me know the options you want and I will put in an order with Ben. Thanks!

Aluminum
Full bar
3/4" bullet lights - yes
Rigid 3x3 flush mount - yes

All right all, I got an update for you. I spoke with Ben yesterday and he was able to share a number of items with me.

1. FIrst off they have tons and tons of orders for 100 series and 200 series bumpers, so much that they stopped making their Lexus GX470 bumper for now. The primary goal of this group buy has always been to jump ahead in production priority.
  2. Because of that, any bumpers that we order as a group are about 18 weeks out.
  3. Steel prices are rising rapidly because of supply issues so its better to order sooner rather than later
  4. Because of the massive amount of orders, Ben has to focus on trying to keep up with current demand so he can't build the full bull bar. HOWEVER, he is willing to sell all the flat steel pieces to make that bumper for only $75. You would then have to source tubing (not hard), get the flat pieces mocked up and aligned with the predrilled mounting holes on the bumper (I myself will be going this route).
  5. Prices are as follows:
    1. Steel Bumper $1,375
    2. Aluminum Bumper $1,775
    3. $250 for blast and powder coat
    4. Flat parts for full bull bar $75
  6. Stingers are available,: Small is $150, Middle is $175, Large is $175
  7. Options for lights are:
    1. Square Rigid 3x3 Flush mount lights $246.99
    2. 3/4" bullet lights
  8. Shipping and crating is $300 but you can pick it up from his shop if you are willing to make a trip and Ben is happy to group orders together for shipping
So as I said in the above posts, lets get these orders tabulated. I live near Woodinville WA for those willing to split shipping to WA state. Dissent is located at 986 S Canyon Way, Colfax, CA 95713.

Lastly, depending on overall demand and this order we might be able to use this as way to get the rear bumper in production as well. Thanks

Last edited:
My apologies Steelhunter, really miffed about how the group buy @4x4labs was treated, but not your issue, so I do appreciate you checking into this, it would be awesome!

I'm still in for aluminum. Could you tell more about the full bar status. Is the flat portion cut and welded and we would just need to buy and bend the tube? I prefer the full bar but might lean to a stinger to minimize efforts. If it ends up being 18 weeks I don't think I'll still be in WA but am not positive at this point.

I'm still in for aluminum. Could you tell more about the full bar status. Is the flat portion cut and welded and we would just need to buy and bend the tube? I prefer the full bar but might lean to a stinger to minimize efforts. If it ends up being 18 weeks I don't think I'll still be in WA but am not positive at this point.
My understanding from Ben is that it was welded and you'd have to source the tube and get it bent to shape exactly as you stated above. But I'll confirm Monday for sure.

My understanding from Ben is that it was welded and you'd have to source the tube and get it bent to shape exactly as you stated above. But I'll confirm Monday for sure.
If that's the case sign me up!! Hopefully we can work on the 18 week lead time but you've got to have patience for what you want.

All right all, I got an update for you. I spoke with Ben yesterday and he was able to share a number of items with me.

1. FIrst off they have tons and tons of orders for 100 series and 200 series bumpers, so much that they stopped making their Lexus GX470 bumper for now. The primary goal of this group buy has always been to jump ahead in production priority.
  2. Because of that, any bumpers that we order as a group are about 18 weeks out.
  3. Steel prices are rising rapidly because of supply issues so its better to order sooner rather than later
  4. Because of the massive amount of orders, Ben has to focus on trying to keep up with current demand so he can't build the full bull bar. HOWEVER, he is willing to sell all the flat steel pieces to make that bumper for only $75. You would then have to source tubing (not hard), get the flat pieces mocked up and aligned with the predrilled mounting holes on the bumper (I myself will be going this route).
  5. Prices are as follows:
    1. Steel Bumper $1,375
    2. Aluminum Bumper $1,775
    3. $250 for blast and powder coat
    4. Flat parts for full bull bar $75
  6. Stingers are available,: Small is $150, Middle is $175, Large is $175
  7. Options for lights are:
    1. Square Rigid 3x3 Flush mount lights $246.99
    2. 3/4" bullet lights
  8. Shipping and crating is $300 but you can pick it up from his shop if you are willing to make a trip and Ben is happy to group orders together for shipping
So as I said in the above posts, lets get these orders tabulated. I live near Woodinville WA for those willing to split shipping to WA state. Dissent is located at 986 S Canyon Way, Colfax, CA 95713.

Lastly, depending on overall demand and this order we might be able to use this as way to get the rear bumper in production as well. Thanks
@SteelHunterFJ80 Im so sorry I just read this post. I so want this bumper but If he’s not willing to do the full hoop then I’m going to bow out and just order an ARB. I can’t see not being able to purchase and pay full price for what I want and not get it. 🍻 & GLWT

@SteelHunterFJ80 Im so sorry I just read this post. I so want this bumper but If he’s not willing to do the full hoop then I’m going to bow out and just order an ARB. I can’t see not being able to purchase and pay full price for what I want and not get it. 🍻 & GLWT
Point of clarification for others.... no matter what the full hoop is separate from the above price. This way if someone just wants a small stinger they can get it and not pay more than anyone else. There is no paying full price and not getting what you want. Now if people want a full hoop they can order the parts and get it done themselves which us what I'll be doing.

Edit: all the stingers and full bar are bolt on with 10 gear bolts so theoretical if you wanted to fix a bent bar or change the style. It would be a snap to do....one of the reasons I like this bumper so much

Last edited:
Maybe it would be good for people to see how the bumpers he makes come together on a vehicle. I've seen some comments that make me think people are expecting a bumper that is like many of the other bumpers out there. One thing to keep in mind, many of the sections of the bumper will be replaceable without a welder. That means bolting things together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom