Dingo Do Over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished the cargo shelf in lieu of the rear seats. I used boat table brackets to mount the platform to the cargo box and fabricated a bracket to mount to the seat mount points in front. I installed a Pioneer Plastics (Front Runner) 15 gal water tank underneath and ran the hose to the rear by the kitchen. I mounted a schrader valve on the tank cap to pressurize the water system.
IMG_20200805_171458.jpg
IMG_20200807_100710.jpg
IMG_20200807_100740.jpg
IMG_20200808_125627.jpg

Reworked the wheels with some Rustoleum Satin Black paint and satin clear coat. I could never justify powder coat since it would just be scraped off. The original rustoleum lasted over 9 years. Had a bit of wrinkling because of heat and humidity, will have to touch it up. But-New coat refreshed the wheels...not perfect, but ready for the next adventure.
IMG_20200809_095621.jpg
IMG_20200810_135948.jpg

Got details on your cutlery/ utensils pouch?

Kitchen set up looks cool. Some simple creative solutions there
Thanks. Kitchen has evolved over several years and I really like the stove drawer and moving shelf.
Utensil pouch is from bucket boss. I used two screws inside the kitchen box to hang it on when in use.

Your ammo can console inspired me to build one of my own 👍

Did mine differently to you, and mine isn't really recognisable as an ammo can any more.
I love the size of it. Its a perfect height, loads of storage, and sturdy.

Still need to build a shifter console to go along with out

Comet has also had a “copy” of the ammo can for years. The space is cavernous. Sadly she has been sitting for Over two years with electrical gremlins. New wiring harness and a good once over by someone other than this shade tree mechanic should have me back in the game by fall. @shermantank55 ,how obstructed is your view with the gull wing doors in the back windows? I am thinking of installing one on the drivers side since I can’t see there anyhow.

Your attention to detail and simplicity is to be commended. As in previous years, I plan to shamelessly steal some of your ideas and adopt them as my own. Great job brother.

Comet has also had a “copy” of the ammo can for years. The space is cavernous. Sadly she has been sitting for Over two years with electrical gremlins. New wiring harness and a good once over by someone other than this shade tree mechanic should have me back in the game by fall. @shermantank55 ,how obstructed is your view with the gull wing doors in the back windows? I am thinking of installing one on the drivers side since I can’t see there anyhow.

Your attention to detail and simplicity is to be commended. As in previous years, I plan to shamelessly steal some of your ideas and adopt them as my own. Great job brother.
Thanks for the comments. Good luck on the Comet build. As to the gull wing doors, when Dingo is loaded I can't see out the back anyway. But without cargo there was some visibility...take a piece of cardboard and tape it over the windows to try it. I have really not noticed much difference. And the utility of the door more than makes up for any loss of visibility. I also finally installed a rear view camera, again mostly for when I have the back full of adventure stuff.
Cheers,
Greg

Looks like a very fun and functional rig!! Great job on the DIY!!!

Finished with my list except for a new windshield. I adjusted the transmission based on an older post that was very helpful...https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/improving-transmission-shifting.349909/#post-5143186
My last project for now was a set of recovery points up front. Mounted to the frame and connected with a 2x2 3/16 tube.
I'm sure there will be more to follow, but all for now!
PXL_20201011_170639674.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20201015_203732466 (1).jpg

@sherman what is the minimum height you can acheive with the roof rack you built, measuring from roof surface to highest point?

@sherman what is the minimum height you can acheive with the roof rack you built, measuring from roof surface to highest point?
To be safe I'd say you could be 2" above the roof at its highest point. Maybe even down to 1.75"

Man, a lot of good stuff here. I really like the updates. A question for you (and anyone else that is watching without derailing the thread too much); has anyone placed a fridge/freezer in the back seat area? (see post #21 above). I feel like a small platform bolted to the forward rear seat mounts too "flush up" the floor would allow a medium sized unit to sit between the back of the drivers seat and where you have you water tank. I guess the caveat would be the rear door geometry, as the door would likely need to swing open to a true 90 degrees to use any sort of fridge slide right there.

Man, a lot of good stuff here. I really like the updates. A question for you (and anyone else that is watching without derailing the thread too much); has anyone placed a fridge/freezer in the back seat area? (see post #21 above). I feel like a small platform bolted to the forward rear seat mounts too "flush up" the floor would allow a medium sized unit to sit between the back of the drivers seat and where you have you water tank. I guess the caveat would be the rear door geometry, as the door would likely need to swing open to a true 90 degrees to use any sort of fridge slide right there.
A medium sized fridge could mount on the platform I've got and slide out the door (so about 12" off the upper level where the rear seats mount. Any lower and you are fighting the door.

I'm wondering where the side gull wing window is made? I've got a 60 and interested in a set.

I know Wagon Gear makes them, but they are expensive-about $1900. I built mine for under $250 if I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom