Differential Setup, The Little Things Make A Big Difference! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cardomain.com
From previous post(s), I have documented the problems I've had in the past with the (front diff) after re-gearing. I blew up the front on two separate occasions, one was definitely my fault, but the other was not, IMO. On the third attempt, I sent the front to ZUK (renowned for gear setups) and he did an excellent job. (It's documented on his site at gearinstalls.com). After getting the front back and putting it through the paces, I'm no longer paranoid about it blowing up. ZUK then recommended sending him the rear for a "check up". After reviewing his notes on the changes he made, I'm confident it was money (not much) well spent. I put it all back together yesterday and now I'm "Zuke'd" front and rear. Definitely a confidence boost for the next time I hit the rocks, (Labor Day Weekend).

Just an FYI; pick a tried and true installer the first time, and save yourself a lot of hassle and expense. There are several out there, just do your homework.

I just visited his site and saw his work. I want to go to 4.56 to keep so I can go on the highway without revving high. I have 33" tire and will eventually got to 35's. anyway I guess I have to have the front as well as the rear done correct? Also what was the cost ZUK charged?

thanks! Steve

I've been viewing his site for several years now. His detailed instructions and pics have helped me to confidently set up my own diffs.

Zuk, if you see this...thanks a ton for your contribution!!

I guess I have to have the front as well as the rear done correct? Also what was the cost ZUK charged?

thanks! Steve

Yes. both. ZUK can chime in if he wants but I believe he charges $300 per diff, which was only $45 more (each) than my local installer. If you have one grenade and have to pay for the parts and labor all over again, you're talking close to $1K per diff. Do it right the first time, (speaking from experience). :(

ZUK if I ever get gears and what not you'll be the dude I call. Very detailed work, you can tell your really enjoying what your doing. That makes all the difference in my book. :cheers:

ZUK if I ever get gears and what not you'll be the dude I call. Very detailed work, you can tell your really enjoying what your doing. That makes all the difference in my book. :cheers:

haha...thanks. I do enjoy it. Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom