Difference between standard and SR5! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks jerod, hit the E buy mistake, ask him i am sure he will put it up for you, all i did was help him fix his head gasket, i did not look at his build plate. but why would he lie about its year?

I'm not saying he's lying, I'm saying that I've yet to see proof that a carbed 85 4Runner exists... Maybe he's confused...

Or maybe he's like someone here who has the only '85 IFS turbo 4Runner in existence, only all the VIN's have been ground off of it.... :rolleyes:

:cheers:

look mine is an 84, it had an r before i made it an re, but i was all up in his engine compartment and there was no hole buy his carbon canister to show that it used to have efi wiring. now that does not mean that,
some one did not change a lot of s*** on an 84 to sell it as an 85. and i can not argue that, it is not my truck, i am just telling you, he says it is an 85, it is SR5 with the seats and a factory sun roof, now i can not even tell you if the offered an SR5 package in 84, but i have not seen one, i have seen a lot of 84 4runners sense i bought mine and have not seen one with a factory sunroof.

:hmm: and his 4runner is an sr5 with factory sunroof?

There were SR5 models in 84 (and all had sunroofs to my knowledge). I almost bought one. I waited because I heard that the 85 models were going to have EFI. Please don't confuse SR5 and Deluxe with year models.

There was an SR5 option in 84 (I have an original ad), and here's 2 with sunroofs:

He says it's an 85, I say it's an 84, so it's a tie... :cheers:

Let's see what Crazy says. He said in earlier threads that it was an 84.

There were SR5 models in 84 (and all had sunroofs to my knowledge). I almost bought one. I waited because I heard that the 85 models were going to have EFI. Please don't confuse SR5 and Deluxe with year models.

Let's see what Crazy says. He said in earlier threads that it was an 84.
link where he called it an 84, please

and your 2 links well i seen a black truck that had ifs, even had the ifs allow wheels so sorry that discredits them, to me. :cheers:

Last edited:
ok this is a question i had an 85 pick up, with an auto trans and re, so i was told that the re was only mated to auto trans's in 85 trucks is that true.

In 1985 there was EFI 5 speeds and Autos. I cannot fathom why toyota would put a re/5 speed combo in a 4runner but not a truck. I assume the RE was mated to the auto and 5speeds in both trucks and 4runners.

I have an 86 exta cab 4cyl truck with an auto.

I have had an 85 4 cyl truck with an auto also.

I also have an 85 with a carb.

I know every turbo 4runner I have had or seen had an auto also. I have never seen a turbo runner with a 5 speed.

Not that any of that matters really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom