DHracers 72 Build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I never could find it.. it didn't have it on when I got the cruiser.
I cut it down and it was still to long..
I ended up having to pull the fork out just a bit to get the rod into the dip.
I'm worried though that just a touch of flex in the fork is new going to cause the clutch to slip.. I don't think it will really but you never know.. I guess I will find out when I get the cruiser up and running!
You could pull the bottom flywheel cover and check the TO bearing while someone works the clutch. If it has a bit of play before contact then it should be ok. I'm sure there is a spec, but I don't know what it is.

Update!!

Been working on the cruiser a bunch over Xmas. we were snowed in over the holidays so I was forced into it!! which is always a good thing!

I started with the Cowl harness on the 3FE engine. I had hooked up all the Engine wires and I had to pull apart the Cowl harness to get the Ignition, AFM, Main Relay, open relay.. hmm.. ECU conector and the fuse box wires.. 1 is a small black and blue wire and I have the red and yellow wire also from the fuse box.
At first I started pulling the whole harness apart not knowing where everything was.. I had tagged before which connectors go where but it was still a maze of wires.. once I got a diagram of the wiring it was soooo much easier and actually had fun doing it!.. I have full confidence now that I can do the rest of the wiring!

P1020995.jpg

The next thing was the crossmember! I decided I want to fix this the right way!
I decided to cut it out and make it a bolt in crossmember.

P1020993.jpg

I have cleaned it up flush ready to weld on plates! I bought some steel plates about 4" X6" and then I will weld plates onto the cut out member along with gussets.
I think this way I can position the crossmember exactly where I need it and then bolt it in!! And if I ever need to replace the transmission I can unbolt the member and do what I need..

P1020994.jpg

cut out plates from the steel company ... $16

P1020996.jpg

I love the look of my cruiser engine!!!!! I can sit and look at it for 20min..
Right now I'm just waiting for my tub!! My buddy has had this thing now for over a year and its still not done.. getting annoying!. :bang:

Oh well.. its getting done professionally so I can't complain...

P1030001.jpg

Got the Cross member all mocked up!! just need to get my buddy to bring up his welder.
I also sold my Bike so Just bought a new wiring harness for the 40!! getting excited.. Also talked to my buddy about the tub and body and they did some work to it today like finishing up the quarter panels..

Soon it will look like a Cruiser again!!

P1030008.jpg

P1030006.jpg

P1030005.jpg

Clears nicely now!! and If I ever want to pull the transmission all I need to do is unbolt it!

Do a search on Searchtempest.com for FJ40s.. I found a troopie for I think it was $5000? in decent shape and it was in Knoxville!
Another thing I want to do is go down to Costa Rica and pick up a 40 down there! if you have ever taken a look at the Costa Rica Craigslist ads down there! so many diesel 40s!

Maybe it's a little bit late but have a look at crautos.com Autos Usados go to the bottom of the page and do you search. Tip; they call all LC's Land Cruiser and don't mention BJ, FJ, 40, 42 etc. You have to figure that out your self by picture, year, gas, diesel etc. Prices are in our local colones and also in USD.
Good luck.

Update!

Ok so I have been a bit busy but I have been working on the cruiser quite a bit lately.
I got the motor installed along with the trans and all that.

P1030008.jpg

Picked up my tub!! came out awesome! I traded my pimped out XC bike for the body work so pretty happy with the paint!

P1030053.jpg

I have the tub installed and I am now currently putting in the new wiring for the 3FE!

P1030054.jpg

P1030055.jpg

P1030057.jpg

P1030056.jpg

Wow great build! that keeps me motivated to keep going on my build.
Also love the mountain biking, ever get up to Canada to ride?

i see now why you're getting rid of the F engine related stuff on your truck.. looks awesome! that should be wicked fun to drive

My Cruiser came with so many parts from the 1F motor but the guy had 3 different starter motors. bunch of aftermarket parts and such.. its almost confusing! trying to figure out which part is what.

I have all the parts I need for the cruiser now so I'm good! I got the 3FE now which is almost wired up!! soon I will get a Video of it going!

Been wiring up the cruiser now!.. Its been slow going but I will say that if you are doing a 3FE conversion DO NOT do this while putting in new wiring! I have found myself wishing I had just stayed with the old wiring harness.. I would be driving this thing around already! I got the fuel pump hooked up and the motor will turn with the starter but seems that I have a grounding issue somewhere.. I have all the components hooked up to the Negative terminal but still not enough of a spark it seems...

Anyways here is where I am at..

P1030065.jpg

P1030067.jpg

P1030066.jpg

I know the Battery cables are mixed around.. its something I will swap soon enough..

My Cruiser Lives!!!!!!!!!!! on Vimeo

Cruiser is alive!! After a lot of trial and error and with the help of fellow mud members we figured out that I had a problem with the timing! I must have gone through the timing about 5-6 times and I guess I never got it right...

Super happy that it runs now!! I can focus on getting the vehicle wired up now..

My Cruiser Lives!!!!!!!!!!! on Vimeo

Cruiser is alive!! After a lot of trial and error and with the help of fellow mud members we figured out that I had a problem with the timing! I must have gone through the timing about 5-6 times and I guess I never got it right...

Super happy that it runs now!! I can focus on getting the vehicle wired up now..

Congrats man, you're gonna love it ;)

:cheers:

Tucker

BTW: Saw your question in the other thread, I didn't mess with that part of the original harness unfortunately ...

Congrats man, you're gonna love it ;)

:cheers:

Tucker

BTW: Saw your question in the other thread, I didn't mess with that part of the original harness unfortunately ...

Thanks!

Yeah One thing I would do if I had to do the wiring again was to leave it!!! haha..
I wanted all new things on this truck and in my head this would work out fine.. the cruiser would have worked out better if I had left the original harness in..:whoops:

This is the route I took, just tied in what I needed to the original harness and cleaned up what I didn't ;)

Tucker

I did the same....cleaned up nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom