Deny's New Landcruiser Farm! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah see the suzuki thread I got on the go below, came stock and with a 2in lift, I've added the tracks, bumpers and winch. It will be on snow duty this winter and hopefully can pull a drag around my trails so we can do a some cross country skiing around the place.

Having breakfast in the morning, saw a big momma moose strolling through the yard, then quickly bringing up the rear the little guy caught up ;)
Them crossing the extension cord sure was funny as they were lifting their legs up high, and yes I did drive the 42 around the farm in -15 with bikini top ;).

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG

you bet! -20 with windchill today, tomorrow should be going to -30 with windchill, it has indeed arrived! ;)

So I moved the last four bales off the property so the wildlife won't hang around so much then did some plowing and wood cutting with the mini truck. Looks like I can kill a tree in the stove in one week! So I cut two down, maybe next weekend another two so I can take a break from chainsawing and chopping for a bit, although I did hear splitting wood is the number one activity for testosterone building ;)
phototractorbale.JPG
photomini.JPG

How's the Suz in the snow? Looks sweet.

works awsome, it crawled up a near 45 deg slope (after engaging the locker) in the snow, where my blue 42 had to get a good bump on when it was dry in the summer. It does need another inch or two lift so the tracks stop scratching the front fender though, then it will be the ultimate, can't wait to try it in deep snow later in the winter.

She was really Tiny when we first got her, only 6 weeks old barely filled the cooler for transport, she now is 10 weeks and already flowing out of the cooler.
dog3.JPG
dog4.JPG

Very nice, kinda looks looks like a Bernese mountain dog. Last fall we got one of these, I bet he looks quite familiar, kinda a re-incarnation of Cutter
IMG_1006.JPG

Hey Yeah Phil, she is a Bernese Mountain Dog, just has slightly less white up on the face, but the GF really liked this one, so we got it ;) Got the Wagon now, so lots of room for a big dog on the wheeling trips ;)

Congrats! I knew you'd get a dog. Hope she's on your couch soon. ;)

Ha ha, closest she gets is in the shop until she is big enough to be outside full time. She is so hairy she doens't like being inside very much anyway ;)

Wow, where have I been. Just saw this thread for the 1st time. Looks really nice Deny. Congratulations to you both.

gb

Thanks Greg, I had busy weekend catching up on the farm from taking may long to go wheeling. Planted the garden, disked up some areas in the field, cut trees up, fixed up old blues hitch from when it broke pulling the hay rake last year........jobs never end ;)

So took a pick of disking yesturday cause everyone likes pictures ;) After rebuilding the one row of disks, they worked good till they loosened up and I lost the nut, some washers, a disk and a spacer. qauded the field and found them all so put them all together and added a lock nut on the end so hopefully wont happen again. They all need rebuilding as I see a few bearings are shot and a few disks really need replacing, but did the job, I did blow a hydraulic hose on the tractor just before I finished up last night, so got that fixed and hopefully finish up today, then it's old blue's turn to pull harrows ;)
IMG_1252.JPG

Well after I disced with the tractor, as above, I hooked up the heavy diamond harrows and old blue levelled out the area that I disced, then got the seeder mounted to the quad recently and seeded the sections I cultivated. After seeding, I hooked up the lighter chain harrows to old blue and put the final touches to the fields. Sorry forgot to take pics of old blue pulling harrows like a tractor (figured he was lighter, had better float tires on the front, and fourwheel drive, so better then the old Ford for pulling the harrows). Anyway yesturday I was mowing some trails and got hit by a massive rain cloud, couldn't get back to the house fast enough, had her pinned in 8th gear and I got soaked! hopefully thi was enough rain to get the seed to germinate and my bare patches will grow some good hay (GF actually claimed the one section behind the house for a riding area, so there will be no haying there ;) )
IMG_1254.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom