Deny's New Landcruiser Farm! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Better than I could have hoped for. Well, except the heat wave that added a lot of stress to the end of my trip. The already overloaded 60 got worked pretty hard heading home with the extra passenger. Parents helped us out big to get it done so their freezer is well stocked now as is ours. Now back in town for work again until end of the month or so...

Sweet, what did you get an elk? in town as in FSJ? I am little busy now trying to catch up from my two weeks off and we are busy at work, but in a week or so I should have some free time if you have some.
Cheers,

yup, elk. And yes in FSJ for work for maybe another week. If it doesn't work out this shift I should be back by mid-October. Schedule is still being sorted out but looking at 2 and 1 most likely.

Lots been happening on the Farm, got married (thanks Charla for the pic), Jim hayed the fields, fixed the ruts from all the camping and bad weather, shot our rifle's in so we can do some hunting once work slows down from being away from it for a while due to wedding ;), and I bought myself a truck to haul hay ;)
M.jpg

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

IMG_1179.JPG

Congratulations to you both!
gb

Hope you don't mind, but this one is one my fav family portraits from your big day. :)

IMG_7096 2.jpg

ha ha, I don't mind, I like the one with the fur baby staring back at us as she limps along the driveway next to us ;)

Haven't posted much lately, so here is a quick update of winter. We had an early big dump of snow, before the ground froze, so I got the tractor stuck and had to get the cruiser out to winch it back.
IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1247.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

So then I had to plow the snow, let the ground freeze up and then lift the bales real high so I could get the last load of hay off the field and off to my Brothers place. Also built some selves in the shop and have been organizing in there so that I can get back to the work truck build, am in the process of buying a better welder. Also spent some time burning a big pile of wood debris that has been around since I bought the property, went pretty good, even pulled some fire wood out of it to use in the house. Got a few more to burn still, but they can wait till next winter ;) Finally got around to building doors and tinning the hay shed to keep the moose from eating all the horses hay ;)
IMG_1245.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

Ha ha, yeah me too, this spring I will be buying a tracked skid steer then putting dozer blade on it, so then I will have mini bulldozer and mini excavator, and I will be able to do a lot of stuff on the farm. The day goes by so quick when you are running equipment, and it brings you back to the days of your child hood, playing in the sandbox! ;)

oh the horror, tractor ruts in the smoothed and seeded hay field ;)
much snow left on the farm? haven't been up there since November.
didn't think moose were much of a problem for eating hay, not elk?

it is horror! Not too much left, it is melting fast, just mainly where ever I bermed it up or it drifted really bad and where the sun doesn't hit it all day. I got another new toy recently, hopefully will be a nice kickstart to get back at the mine truck ;) Yeah not too much elk on our property, the dear come in but mostly stay out of the hay shed, it's the damn moose that are pushy, even now they walk around the hay shed rutting it up after I created some nice little drainage ditches to keep melt water away from the hay shed! Buggers, they better watch it or they will be in the freezer soon enough!
IMG_1521.JPG
IMG_1522.JPG

If you need me to come up there in August, maybe clear out a moose or two, let me know. :)

ha ha, thanks for the offer, I got lots of those, problem is one of them is a female (maybe both unless the little one sprouts spikes this year). They are really healthy looking though, I just saw a moose driving in to work today halfway to FSJ and he had no hair on his neck and half his back, damn tics are really putting a number on the poor guys.

Actually Judy had a run in with a moose this winter, He snuck by the house and the truck, so I called on the dog to go do some guarding as she was passed out in her house, then she jumped up all excited not noticing moose and started cuddling the cat, till she finally figured out what I was whispering about from the kitchen window, then she took off after the big guy and then when he stopped to turn at her, she just acted all cool and sniffing around like nothing happened ;)
IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

Wish the snow would melt

Not much to report this year, I did finish building dodge up, only for it to get stolen in July and I am still dealing with getting it fixed up. Then I spent most of the summer getting ready and then building a water pipeline, burying a second tank closer to the horses to take the overflow water from the first tank. Was a big process but finally done and got the power line to the hay shed buried an so glad as I was getting tired rolling it up and out every year to hay for the past three years!
IMG_1920.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

IMG_2511.JPG

IMG_2513.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom