Denver: Glass (windshield) shop recommendation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Colorado folks - anyone got a recommendation for a glass shop in the Denver area? Preferably north or west side. I know enough to stay away from Safelite :)

Got a big crack in my oem Lexus windshield :cry: snd it needs replacement. I can call my dealer but wanted to check if anyone had a recommendation first. Thanks!

I recently reached out to Lexus of Greenwood Village and they use and recommend Premium Auto Glass in Littleton.
Was told they can use factory glass and are able to calibrate the rain sensors and pre crash avoidance features.
I have not used them yet, but trust this recommendation.

Used the Kuni Lexus body shop on Arapahoe, next to Kuni Honda for my Tacoma.

They'll get the nod for the wife's GX soon.

Not on the north side, but neither am I, so....

I've replaced two windshields on two different 200s with OME glass using Absolute Auto Glass. You can go in person or they can come to you. They used to have a location in north Denver, but they moved to a mostly mobile service coming to you for Denver. They do have a location in Lakewood. I've also taken 3 other vehicles there over the years. Very good work.

Good to see some competent places above. Stay away from Gerber. I was there for body work and they destroyed the clips on the A pillar seals (then unsuccessfully tried to glue them), broke a nearly new windshield, etc. They finally got it mostly right - close enough that I'll take on the rest myself (passenger side seal trim not aligned to lower cowl, intermittent wipers not working) and not risk them messing something else up.

Piggybacking this thread, those with lx’s in areas where rock chips are a way of life, are you finding oe/Oem glass holds up better? It’s a foregone conclusion for replacing a windshield every couple years up here if you like to hit up the mountains.

Thanks y’all. I reached out Stevinson Lexus in Lakewood and they use a mobile installer called AllStar Auto Glass. I called the guy (he’s a mobile Indy based in Lakewood) and he quoted $600ish for a Plinkenton panel, which he said was a good replacement for OEM. Sounds like he’s been doing it for 20+ yrs and working with Stevinson for 10+ yrs. He sounded pretty knowledgeable about Lexus in particular.

Should I have all the clips, mouldings, etc replaced? Are spacers needed? Thanks!

I have a 13 lx. When I purchased my lx it came with plinkenton. It did not leak but windshield heaters didn’t work. I got a stone chip and replaced with agc (oem) with new mouldings and clips.

I read on this forum that the oem is 2 mm thicker. I would get new clips and mouldings.

I've used Snow AutoGlass for my LS, Tundra and now LX(replaced in November). Very good attention to detail and careful with your car(I'm very particular with my cars).

Snow Auto Glass Snow Auto Glass - Google Search - https://g.co/kgs/Mf8jb6a
They will drive up to my work/ house in Denver. I have aftermarket glass and no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom