Denver Area Machine Shop Recommendation... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am replacing my head gasket on my 97 Cruiser and looking for a reputable shop to do the machine work on the head. Im hoping to get by with machining the surface and putting in new valve stems. I would like to get the valves checked as well. The head only has 140k miles on it.

Any recommendations? I live over by Golden, CO....

Mountain high performance I think was the name sit behind ATS off 58 Th ward he does lot cruiser work super busy worth the wait

Last edited:
I've used All Pro Automotive Machine in the past with good results. Not on my cruiser (yet) but they have done a 22re and Mitsubishi head for me. They are at 55th and Pecos.

I appreciate the info, I will give then both a call. Thank you!

Sorry i cant hep but i would call Slee and Robie and see who they use.

I use Havana Machine for cleaning, inspections, and milling heads. Not sure of they're pricing or ability on valve jobs. Mostly on Subarus and other 4 cylinders, not on the LC yet.

I tried branching out and b used Western Engine Supply to grind a crank. They did good work.

I am going to take my LC head to Western. But I will watch this thread, let us know where you go and how it goes.

Mountain high performance I think was the name sit behind ATS off 58 Th ward he does lot cruiser work super busy worth the wait

I talked to Mountain High Performance and the gentlemen was very knowledgeable on our trucks. He was very professional and understanding of the direction and money I wanted to put into a truck that I have never heard run. Ill be taking my head there for a milling, valve stem seals, cleaning, and overall inspection of the head. I will post another update as soon as I get the head back.

Thanks for the update. I skipped Western after the phone call I had with them last week.

For milling and testing I went with my old standby Havana. He identified the head as 'Toyota?' as he opened the door for me. Which as I think about it isn't that special, considering there aren't that many gas 24v I6s out there.

Mtn high is who the pro, use in your area!) they do excellent work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom