Dented exhausted manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
lukemertens.com
I just received a replacement manifold from bochtoyotasouth.com and it looks like it's dented. I assume that it was damaged and those dents are not normal. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks.

IMG_20160607_222236580.jpg

Dented

Thanks, that's what I thought, they must have smashed it pretty hard to dent that pipe.

The shop just told me that they looked at another manifold and it had the same dents, and after investigating found that those are supposed to be there to make the thing fit. Are they lying to me? This is for a 2006, so maybe the dents are part of the engine upgrade?

I think they are normal, I found this picture from tls auto recycling and it looks like it has the same dents, has anyone else seen one of these in person with or without dents?

203901_05.jpg

Possible with the changes but certainly looks dented lol

The shop just told me that they looked at another manifold and it had the same dents, and after investigating found that those are supposed to be there to make the thing fit. Are they lying to me? This is for a 2006, so maybe the dents are part of the engine upgrade?
Are the dents lined up with the bolt holes? They may be to provide clearance for a socket/extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom