Delta VS rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the market for rear bumpers for my '96 and '97 and have narrowed it down to the Slee and Delta. Anyone here have the Delta and can give me their opinion/experiences?

One of my friends has the Delta and another has an older Slee. Both are excellent though I kind of lean toward the Delta. Every bit as stout as the Slee (which is frikkin stout), but its more modern and it has a lot of nice thoughtful touches to it. It's also very modular with lots of add on options which is cool.

@Dirty Koala has the Delta Bumper and I have done a lot of offroad miles with him including several hundred miles offroad this past week. So I've had the opportunity to see the bumper up close in variety of uses. It's an excellent design and very strong. The Slee bumper is also an excellent design and workmanship is top tier. I think you'd be happy with either one, but personally I think I like the latching mechanism of the Delta bumper better as well as the modular design that makes it easy to rearrange your accessories. It's probably the most versatile bumper on the market with lots of different accessory mounts.

I went Delta even though SLEE is right up the road but also went with the Delta front as I never liked the SLEE front and wanted the set. It may come down to if you want the receiver hitch or not. Delta will not offer this while SLEE does. Few issues with Delta(locking mechanism freezing up and latches catching and not opening correct) but I neglected to grease the lock when installing and just need a minor adjustment on the latches. The latches on the Delta are well thought out and another selling point for me. They are super easy to use. For my receiver hitch I had built one myself into the frame from parts I had on hand 15 years ago and was able to modify the Delta bumper to make it work. almost looks like you can add SLEE's hitch on the Delta if you wanted. It looks really similar to what I did. One other note the SLEE doesn't look to open as wide to access the hatch. I would like Delta to open up 90 degrees just because I dock to a tent on occasion and still working to figure out how to pull this off. Doesn't seem to hard but just trying to find the time to do it. Overall super happy with it and the Delta team has really good support on their product.
IMG_8325.JPG
IMG_8335.JPG

Can’t beat a Delta bumper! Super stout, super modular and configurable, best design latches out there and looks great too. I currently run my rear with dual auto opening tables with drop in stoves. Spare tire carrier on the driver swingout with ladder/ladder cover, dual scepter can holders, shovel mount and a propane tank holder on the passenger side swingout. The stoves mount to the backside of the ladder when not in use.

If you look closely you will also see that the forward bottom corner of the steps in the rear bumper are a great spot to mount OBA chucks. I have one on the passenger side, with another on the driver side of the front bumper.

EE907112-FA85-4B33-AE70-6D094FC48B7F.jpeg
FB1AA012-64BC-4CBD-8E2C-46E9E59EF1B6.jpeg
4F36FBE8-3CF3-488D-A597-3E4106DB4273.jpeg
55D25012-B8A7-44DD-AB4C-796AA3F2965A.jpeg
DCE4FC6B-C922-4B0A-BDC1-C654949B9256.jpeg

I went Delta even though SLEE is right up the road but also went with the Delta front as I never liked the SLEE front and wanted the set. It may come down to if you want the receiver hitch or not. Delta will not offer this while SLEE does. Few issues with Delta(locking mechanism freezing up and latches catching and not opening correct) but I neglected to grease the lock when installing and just need a minor adjustment on the latches. The latches on the Delta are well thought out and another selling point for me. They are super easy to use. For my receiver hitch I had built one myself into the frame from parts I had on hand 15 years ago and was able to modify the Delta bumper to make it work. almost looks like you can add SLEE's hitch on the Delta if you wanted. It looks really similar to what I did. One other note the SLEE doesn't look to open as wide to access the hatch. I would like Delta to open up 90 degrees just because I dock to a tent on occasion and still working to figure out how to pull this off. Doesn't seem to hard but just trying to find the time to do it. Overall super happy with it and the Delta team has really good support on their product. View attachment 2469888View attachment 2469889.

Nice solution for your moto. Which carrier are you using?

Nice solution for your moto. Which carrier are you using?

Moto jack rack. works great for the high mount and the ability to lower the bike but its still a bit high. Clearance is great for minor forest roads but takes the tiedown straps for a little assurance or it flops around alot. I think I have to relocate the safety bolt now I see the picture, doesn't quite pull in tight with the spare tire.
Damn man, you have that bumper loaded up! Makes me realize I need to get back on some additional accessories for mine now...

Thanks for the pics and info guys!:beer: I really like the look of the Slee but the Delta is so modular. Saw a video on YT on the latches and was very impressed. Those things are slick. I’m having a hell of a time deciding. Maybe I should get both but I want the rigs to match. Keep going back and forth. 🤣

Thanks for the pics and info guys!:beer: I really like the look of the Slee but the Delta is so modular. Saw a video on YT on the latches and was very impressed. Those things are slick. I’m having a hell of a time deciding. Maybe I should get both but I want the rigs to match. Keep going back and forth. 🤣
That was probably my YouTube video. I have been meaning to do another one to detail all the additional features I am now running.

@Delta VS Front and Rear for me.

Cant say enough about fit, finish, build quality, install, support, and functionality.

*Tire Carrier
*Stash Pocket
*Self Depoying Table
*Burner
*Large Propane bottle mount
*Wavian Fuel/water

@Dirty Koala youtube video is sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom