Events/Trails Dec 28 - Corral Canyon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a fun trip, will be thinking about you guys from the Peace trail!

Hi Leon, I took you on a run behind Dulzura when your rig went home on a flatbed. Place me on the alternative list. Tom

Hi Leon, I took you on a run behind Dulzura when your rig went home on a flatbed. Place me on the alternative list. Tom

Yep, I remember that. Hit a rut going pretty fast and knocked my steering way off. Could have driven it home but that's why I have AAA. You're on the alternate list.

Well this run shaped up pretty nicely! Updated first post with plan, participants, and alternates. Please read the trail descriptions so you kind of know what we may be getting into. I haven't run Corral Canyon in over a year so it should be interesting!

Although the run is currently full, if you are interested in being an alternate let me know. If there is enough interest and someone else wants to lead Sidewinder or something that's always an option.

I'll be in town that weekend. I'll be there.

I've never run Sidewinder before...But, I'd be willing to try and lead it if nobody that has steps up. It would be great to get a bunch of us out there.

Matt, as the day gets closer, I'll know if my son wants to ride shotgun. If not, the seat is yours. I'd rather see you driving your truck! Let me know. It's fun! Just don't wear your THONG that day!

Mike

I'll be in town that weekend. I'll be there.

I've never run Sidewinder before...But, I'd be willing to try and lead it if nobody that has steps up. It would be great to get a bunch of us out there.

Matt, as the day gets closer, I'll know if my son wants to ride shotgun. If not, the seat is yours. I'd rather see you driving your truck! Let me know. It's fun! Just don't wear your THONG that day!

Mike
If riding with Mike, Depends with a second set would be in order.

Leon,
I have to remove myself from the alternate list. I'm in the process of completely refreshing my suspension with an ICON lift and replacing all suspension bushings and hardware. Still waiting on parts and with the Christmas coming fast the rig won't be in trail shape by Dec. 28. But I would love to meet you all out there and claim a shotgun ride with someone and help out on spotting if anyone has room.
Tom

Leon,
I have to remove myself from the alternate list. I'm in the process of completely refreshing my suspension with an ICON lift and replacing all suspension bushings and hardware. Still waiting on parts and with the Christmas coming fast the rig won't be in trail shape by Dec. 28. But I would love to meet you all out there and claim a shotgun ride with someone and help out on spotting if anyone has room.
Tom

No worries. I'm sure someone has an extra seat and a good spotter! Hopefully someone will roger up to your request. Zac is riding with me so my passenger is taken.

What lift are you installing? I've been EXTREMELY happy with my Icon 2.5's. Let me know if you need help. Have a press, tools, and I think I have that "righty tighty lefty loosey" thing down. Also have cheap access to a lift/work bay if the timing works out. We can have this done in a day no problem.

No worries. I'm sure someone has an extra seat and a good spotter! Hopefully someone will roger up to your request. Zac is riding with me so my passenger is taken.

What lift are you installing? I've been EXTREMELY happy with my Icon 2.5's. Let me know if you need help. Have a press, tools, and I think I have that "righty tighty lefty loosey" thing down. Also have cheap access to a lift/work bay if the timing works out. We can have this done in a day no problem.
I got a stage 3 in boxes stacked up in my living room. Also got a delta panhard bracket and waiting on toyota to ship all the bushings and hardware. Wow thanks for the offer. I may have to check your schedule and availability for a lift/work bay.

With the rains that are supposed to happen all week the chance for a complete s*** show are high. As of right now, I still plan on going, so if you are planning to attend let me know.

Since we'll be starting with Gunslinger, which is a milder trail, we'll be able to get a feel for Bronco Peak or Bronco Flats. If it's too muddy and slick or we are just rutting up the trail we'll bail.

Reactions: KTP
We've run Sidewinder in hammering rain and it did get a little dicey/exciting, but just remember, one man's s*** show is another man's :meh: I drive an 80:p

We're still in!

My rig still isn't trail ready but I'm planning on showing anyways in hopes of finding a ride. I've always wanted to see these trails so I'll wear my hiking boots just incase and serve as the run's trail dog. Corral is an off leash area.

Hey @KTP is out on the Peace Trail with us.

20191227_182131.jpg

Big Thanks to @flyingmonkey (Leon) for putting this run together.

I believe everyone had a good time today... Some just a little more than others! I’m one of the others!

The day started off great. Everyone was at the meeting spot on time. The sky was clear and temps were in the 30’s, patches of snow.... and a lot of mud!

After a quick air down and drivers meeting, we were off to the first trail. We get there to find the Gunslinger closed with a locked gate until the trail dries out.

Not to worry, @flyingmonkey has an alternate plan, Sidewinder! So off we go..........

Sidewinder is no joke. There are a lot of boulders, rocks, drop offs, firm limbed trees that reach out to run their branches down the side of your rig like nails on a chalkboard.

All of us put our sliders to the test today. I wore the paint off the entire length of mine!

So rumors are already starting about the CARNAGE that took place today. It’s true. We all suffered some painful blows.

I’ll start with mine....
7DE9DE14-DF49-4436-A34B-DFE157CC29D3.png

I broke my passenger side CV axle trying to get up this step.

Then had to get pulled up a muddy incline because I was without my front wheel drive. The trail was off camber and caused me to slide into a boulder and get this......

8D1715E8-4DC6-4B2E-B674-17A72C398D21.jpeg

When we got to the top.... I found out nobody came through unscathed..
47E8617A-7F9A-448A-8106-B3926781EE76.jpeg

Steves rig that pulled me up.
DB5FA049-41C8-49C5-80D8-F95960C1ECDB.jpeg
Justin’s FJ

more to follow in next post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom