Events/Trails Dec 28 - Corral Canyon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
San Diego, Discovered by The Germans in 1904
For those that can't make the AZ Peace Trail run, boy do I have an alternative for you!!!

I'm putting together a day run out to Corral Canyon OHV on Dec 28. Plan is to run Gunslinger starting on the west side heading east , break for lunch then continue to either Bronco Flats or Bronco Peak.

Run Organizer: Leon (@flyingmonkey)
Minimum Rig Requirements: 4x4, 33" tires, (sliders, front/rear armor, rear locker recommended)
Meeting Place: Four Corners Trail Head
Meeting Time: 0830
Driver Briefing/Wheels Up: 0845/0900
Trail Comms: HAM 146.490, CB 14 **I will also monitor El Cajon, Campo, and Mt Laguna repeaters.

Participants:
@flyingmonkey
@KTP
@Justsendit
@BMinSD
@619TOY
@SocalLCruiser
@Pigcat Looking for an open passenger seat.

Camping is available (Adventure Pass required) in the area on a first come first served basis. Vault toilets are available at both sites but no potable water. Corral Canyon Campground. Bobcat Meadow Campground.

**Corral Canyon trails get notoriously narrow, pin striping is pretty much a given. I do not recommend this run if striping and scratches bother you. Body damage and component failure can occur on any trail run. Prices and participation may vary.

Last edited:
For those that can't make the AZ Peace Trail run, boy do I have an alternative for you!!!

I'm putting together a day run out to Corral Canyon OHV on Dec 28. Specific trails are TBD but options include Bronco Peak, Gunslinger, Bronco Flats, and Sidewinder. The Connector is not being considered so those of you that know can relax! ;) This run will be limited to a maximum of five vehicles. I will update this post as I develop the plan a bit more.

Minimum Rig Requirements: 4x4, 33" tires, rock sliders (front/rear armor, rear locker recommended)
Trail Comms: HAM 146.490, CB 14

Participants:
@flyingmonkey

**Corral Canyon trails get notoriously narrow, pin striping is pretty much a given. I do not recommend this run if striping and scratches bother you. Body damage and component failure can occur on any trail run.
Shotgun! @flyingmonkey

Do you have any room in the back seat! :rofl: If timing works for me and I don't have to be at work, I'm in. But if it fills up before then don't hold a spot for me.

Do you have any room in the back seat! :rofl: If timing works for me and I don't have to be at work, I'm in. But if it fills up before then don't hold a spot for me.

Dude, you have like a month and half to clear your schedule for the Saturday AFTER Christmas, you know, the time most people take leave and vacations due to it being the HOLIDAYS. Come on man, if you need more time than that then you're doing something wrong! You're on the list. If you don't show up stand by for some gentle (at times harsh) ridiculing.

I'm putting together a day run out to Corral Canyon OHV on Dec 28. Specific trails are TBD but options include Bronco Peak, Gunslinger, Bronco Flats, and Sidewinder. The Connector is not being considered so those of you that know can relax! ;) This run will be limited to a maximum of five vehicles. I will update this post as I develop the plan a bit more.

Minimum Rig Requirements: 4x4, 33" tires, (sliders, front/rear armor, rear locker recommended)
Trail Comms: HAM 146.490, CB 14 **I will also monitor El Cajon, Campo, and Mt Laguna repeaters.

Participants:
@flyingmonkey
@Justsendit
@KTP

Alternates:

**Corral Canyon trails get notoriously narrow, pin striping is pretty much a given. I do not recommend this run if striping and scratches bother you. Body damage and component failure can occur on any trail run.

I'd like to claim a spot. thx

I will keep this on the radar. It might make a good first run for my 60.

I keep sayin'....when I damage it, I'll have a good reason to upgrade it! Maybe this will be the time.

I'm a terrible spotter so this may very well be the time! :D
Reminds me of a short conversation I overheard on a run a few years back.

Spotter: You just ordered a front bumper, right?
Driver: Yeah.
Spotter: OK, then hard passenger and don't worry about the crunch noise you’reabout to hear.

I would pay $ to ride with Mike! Seriously?

Well it's free if you ride by yourself. Bring that hundy out yo!!!

Last edited:
Ooh, ooh, ooh, we wanna come if its okay!

Participant list has been updated. Even though the five slots are taken feel free to let me know if you would like to be placed on the alternate list. Those listed as participants please let me know if your plans change so I can move an alternate into your spot.

Specific route will be posted once I decide on what trail/trails we will be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom