De-smogging a FT - injection pump question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
Threads
Desmogging a 1HD-FT.

What are you guys doing with these vacuum ports on a EGR equipped injection pump?

Should I cap them off or do they need to be routed somewhere?

2C1B5F9C-849E-47A8-97CD-0DF3DD57C074.jpeg

@CycloSteve knows exactly what these are and how to utilize them. They're BACS related which Steve can explain much better than I could. If you use them, they work well and help with downlow throttle response IIRC. @CycloSteve knows, maybe he will chime in.

After I spoke with Steve about it, I hooked mine up correctly and they do add a little oomph.

Hope this helps a little.

Don't get confused between the BACS which is up near the top of the pump and the SICS which is on the side of the pump closest to engine block. Nothing to do with the A/C idle up.

Here's some relevant pages from the FSM specific to 1HD-FT Euro emissions equipment, Toyota publication #ERM111E.

edit: The complete manual is posted below beginning at post #13

ERM111E EGR schematic1.jpg
ERM111E EGR schematic2.jpg
ERM111E BACS schematic.jpg

You can also reference this thread which goes into the BACS and SICS systems a little bit:

Last edited:
BTW, probably the simplest and cheapest way to disable the EGR (if you're so inclined) is to take these two vacuum hoses:

EGR mod1.jpg

And rearrange them like this:

EGR mod2.jpg

The EGR valves (on the left in the photos) are held closed by a stout spring, and presumably only open when the VSV (on the right in the photos) allows vacuum to reach them. With the hoses arranged as pictured, the EGR valves shouldn't open for exhaust gas to recirculate. With everything else left unchanged from stock, there'll be no error codes from the emissions ECU nor any noticeable loss of performance AFAIK. The BACS system should still operate normally, as should all other emissions/cold start features.

If you want to spend some money and more than 10 seconds of your time, you could buy caps for the vacuum lines and fabricate or buy block-off plates for the EGR to manifold junction.

And regarding the OP's question, I think the vacuum port circled in blue is the BACS union (from the diagram above).
forum pic.jpg

Disconnecting it and/or capping it will render the BACS inoperative. It would normally be routed to the red/brown VSV in the photo below:

forum pic2.jpg

Complete details of vacuum hose routing for the BACS system are in the schematic posted previously.

The vacuum port circled in yellow above is an idle up actuator, but I'm pretty sure it's not the one for the a/c. It is normally connected to the blue VSV pictured above. Whatever it's for, disconnecting it or capping it would render it's idle-up function inoperative but shouldn't have any other ill effects.

edit: see next post for corrected information

Last edited:
View attachment 3112295

The vacuum port circled in yellow above is an idle up actuator, but I'm pretty sure it's not the one for the a/c. It is normally connected to the blue VSV pictured above. Whatever it's for, disconnecting it or capping it would render it's idle-up function inoperative but shouldn't have any other ill effects.
The diaphragm circle above in yellow is not the idle. It's the SICS and has nothing to do with idle up. SICS and idle up are on opposite sides of the pump

Here's some relevant pages from the FSM specific to 1HD-FT Euro emissions equipment, Toyota publication #ERM111E.

View attachment 3107250View attachment 3107251View attachment 3107252

You can also reference this thread which goes into the BACS and SICS systems a little bit:

Hi man,
Ive been searching for ERM111E for about 6 months now. Where did you get it? Know of an online option?

Cheers

Don't actually have the manual, but I found someone who does and he kindly took photos of all the pages. He said he'd be scanning it properly when he has the time. I'll contact him and see if he's done it yet. If so, I can send it to you. Give me a few days.

Don't actually have the manual, but I found someone who does and he kindly took photos of all the pages. He said he'd be scanning it properly when he has the time. I'll contact him and see if he's done it yet. If so, I can send it to you. Give me a few days.

If you get it, PM woody for permissions clearance to post it up in the Resources section

The guy hasn't scanned it yet, but I took a few minutes to clean up the photos and I'll post them here. I'll also PM Woody to see what's involved in getting this information into the "Resources" section of 'Mud, but until then, here it is:

Front Cover.jpg

Foreward.jpg

Contents.jpg

1-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom