Dave, when were you going to tell us!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markkuz.com
I just logged on to The Adventure Duo and this is what I see. :eek:

Back to our Roots - The 80 and AT come home

Well, we've had a blast in our Sportsmobile, but it's time to head back to our overland roots. Back to a root top tent, an ARB fridge and a smaller, more agile/diverse camping setup. The Sportsmobile was nice but i think the Landcruiser and Adventure Trailer is what we're meant to be with. It's an amazingly complicated story how this all came together, so i won't stress the details.. however we're getting the rigs back exactly how they left us. How lucky can we be? I'm not complaining and i'm not asking for anything else. This is more than what we could of dreamed of.

On May 17th the journey to bring them home begins. We'll drive up to Portland OR via Pete's Diesel Jeep and pick up the Landcruiser 80 series. The next day we'll drive down to Antioch, Ca and grab the trailer. We'll pair them up, i'll tell them "im sorry , it will never happen again" and hop in and drive then back to their home in Anaheim. It will be a good time and we're glad their coming back home. They've been missed.

FORDGETIT :flipoff2:

Damnit Mark. ()_#$@(_#(@_)(!@(!~ :flipoff2:

I was trying to keep it a secret until the M&G. :crybaby:

Didn't think anyone actually was paying any attention to us or our site.

Im heading up Friday to get them. So April 17th. Im a retard with my dates.

Should i delete this thread? :D

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news Dave!!!!

Welcome back to the fold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce::bounce2::clap::bounce::bounce2::clap: :cheers:

...and no, you can't use your omniptent powers as a mod to cover up this great news!!

To bad you don't already have them. You could have joined us out in Anza, food on us as a welcome back!

Thanks Brent, you were another person i was trying to surprise. Oh well.

Yeah i'll be up north picking them up, that's why i couldn't go with you to Anza :D

I guess i can turn my signature back on. lol'ers

It was the damn internet's that busted you!!!!

Oh now we must have you re-pent pay penance, or just get clowned for the whole M&G for realizing the HUGE mistake you made.....

So now that the cat is out of the bag, what trip prompted you to get rid of the Land YACHT?

The scariest part about all this is that the mods list is already starting to continue..

Slee steering
Slee t-case skid
Slee e-locker skid
80watt solar panel
4.88's r&p

It truly never ends... must be that modificationahlicism problem i have. :D

Now I have a real reason to be fawking jealous of you...if I only had $15K to just piss off, I'd have an Adventure Trailer in a heartbeat! I was just out on their site yesterday drooling and daydreaming again!

Sorry for the economic reasons for unloading the SMB, but glad things have worked out getting the LC and AT back! Looking forward to that story!

The scariest part about all this is that the mods list is already starting to continue..

Slee steering
Slee t-case skid
Slee e-locker skid
80watt solar panel
4.88's r&p

It truly never ends... must be that modificationahlicism problem i have. :D

You are SICK! :flipoff2:

Now...having said that, I want to see the locker skid plate!!!

Slee steering...???

I like Slee's t-case skid plate. IPOR's covers more area from pics, but Slee makes a very nice product!! Mine has a few scratches!! Yes, really, it does.

hahahhahahaha

Not any particular trip..... it's our financial position... read here:

Recession Forces Sale: ADV DUO Sportsmobile - Expedition Portal Forum

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise because i've missed the 80/AT setup since the day it left us.
The SMB left and i didn't even care. Guess it was meant to be.

Shiat! You share the whole story with the Expedition Portal gang, you're a moderator about to get banned here for not sharing the story with us! :flipoff2:

Woody, oh Woody...Dave isn't playing nice! :cheers:

Just kidding Dave - the Portal thread was a great read. I agree with several of them...go buy a lottery ticket! You are indeed fortunate. You've got Yosh, Dixie, the LC and the AT all back together!

Now, strip some of the excess crap off that Cruiser and get some mileage out of it!;p

Welcome back, dude.

damn, so these things are like boomerangs? you try to get rid of it and it comes back...?

ooooooh, like a B-grade horror flick..... A new Christine...? :D

Now, strip some of the excess crap off that Cruiser and get some mileage out of it!;p

Welcome back, dude.

Crap :meh:

I'd like to do an Alaskan highway run, but hell if i can get 3-4 weeks off. Right now we can't afford to take off one day. Until things change with this economy, long range , high mileage trips are way off.

Never left :flipoff2:

Eric, i sure hope not. Like i said, i'll tell her we're sorry when i hop back in. She's never been mistreated by me or the new guy, so she should still be happy. She'll be even happier knowing she'll get to go on more trips.

Good to know that all the PM you previously did on the car will pay off and didnt go to waste. Not much PM needed, unlike me.

Good call on not selling anything off the car before you sold it.

Wow Dave:

This story is truly insane. I can not believe you are getting your old rig back with the trailer in the same shape. Amazing story, I am happy that you are happy. Did you miss the wheeling aspect of your adventures or were you able to go everywhere you wanted with the SMB?

Again congrats man!

Dave,

I am a little late to the party but I am glad I came. I am happy that you will be united once again. If you love something, let it go...... Now I am off to find the the story on expo. Welcome Back (as if you ever actually left)!

Smit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom