Dakoda Digital VSS to 60 split case (1 Viewer)

DangerNoodle

Essentially a fire wielding monkey.
SILVER Star
I looked around a bit, but haven't seen anyone with this problem yet.

I got a Dakoda Digital RTX kit, and the VSS sensor has the normal square speedo cable like this:

20210201_113556.jpg

I also recently got a FJ60 Split Case from Georg. I believe it is a 34MM idler, not sure exactly what year. The speedo cable hole is rounded with the notches on each side.

20210201_113421.jpg

Does anyone know how to adapt this so I can run the VSS?

Thanks,

-Noodle

A10Driver

SILVER Star
I looked around a bit, but haven't seen anyone with this problem yet.

I got a Dakoda Digital RTX kit, and the VSS sensor has the normal square speedo cable like this:

View attachment 2572134

I also recently got a FJ60 Split Case from Georg. I believe it is a 34MM idler, not sure exactly what year. The speedo cable hole is rounded with the notches on each side.

View attachment 2572135

Does anyone know how to adapt this so I can run the VSS?

Thanks,

-Noodle
No, but I would cap it and run the gps module. That's what I did and it's awesome

DangerNoodle

SILVER Star
No, but I would cap it and run the gps module. That's what I did and it's awesome

Have you had any connectivity issues? I'm just afraid that I am going to have problems with it. I would feel a lot better with a physical solution, though.

Cromagnon

SILVER Star
I've got the GPS module on my VHX and haven't had any problem with it dropping out. What I don't like is waiting for the GPS to acquire a lock and the lag in reporting speed. For 90% of the driving it probably isn't a real issue. Call Dakota and ask them about an adapter. I really like their customer service.

A10Driver

SILVER Star
I have the vehicle speed sensor from Jags that run for the engine computer, I did not use it, let me know if u need that

DangerNoodle

SILVER Star
I may just make one. I can probably square out a hole and get that tang adapter and just stick them together. Dunno how well that would work though.

DangerNoodle

SILVER Star
I'm not sure if my kit came with one of those. I think I may need to go look again and check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom