CW 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Minor tweakage removal. Proper safety squint required when near this :hillbilly:

Didn't really matter till I dropped a straight edged side on there.

Probably gave the wonk when I put the filler in.

And by "put in" I mean "welded the s*** out of the ugly gap I had from measuring wrong" :lol:

IMG_20200316_150326.jpg

Last edited:
Figgered I'd try white.

If I hate it it'll be easier to cover with green than the other way around.

Dmj7PwYEXH1u_66-eti7jdeLMwBtJKlul4bDPLI-ddTyum9e0sTLtgq65kCVDQsO5V4N_n0X_zydmZ64y79AM7iQdnBFacQ1H_e646lFEtKPl1fZbMms0VOZnNc5R5z6Ywn0-23TpkSluPDMs9kaa7H6HsVTQiARY7W1VF9mgpzgYZDQ9zj4osv4lOnSpOwCUf77Fy-18hmwAic9yQJnKxiJEaGFudFGLbqz36BB5pEnt54RrPz5lNGMY76UmMnTiNYeSVCj7snUvRlAuh792S1kiQQjSo2b9eUkkbZddPRtfHXujVkcgNaor9SwCiWwWjmafWY6EaQt9tB6gU4LLB4CdptAIRzUYUjwV9DI8n6pOdYU_2mdxYAlPoagC_37l0nhHe0dkQNvWOYr6I4NUpgR8zTbgQr6pYQpAWStWcaWYizdW0KriQja3KG54r_VdD5Fh2lAdjpjiQ3sdElNx3uFtHaeQorR2YYT7A-tm5UW4PBInQ0l4ril_vP2hlZQGpIPUD67w-Uanm2dJ6LxOrMfKl6fbzZ3qD0qBEkTt9wLIhprH_tc8Hqv1h8F11ilRVBaOxSQb_r2XoWkn6h2gZCL4xoeB1lQsvS4LqClKW2s6HkxwOKW91u8bbSDXiyxWOyUXNd_R7pVlLnbk3BQxwCRQp6vmVBk3mRpIV1RDQ0BmqFRt_n4nK3tQ949FA=w469-h625-no

I don't know who designed the new tremclad nozzles but they suck.

18" away and they still cover an area the size of a quarter. Zero fan out.

Pretty much impossible to get it on evenly. It'd probably bother me if I gave a s*** about paint. :lol:

I haven't touched my hvlp gun in over 5 years, so it's probaby plugged solid, but I might have to resort to a pot of paint and thinner for a more thorough paint job once it warms up. It'd go a helluva lot quicker. With the tremclad bombs it's like colouring it in with a sharpie. :rolleyes:

I figured I'd get the sides sorted first because the tailgate will probably need to be a bit different.

Figgered I'd try white.

If I hate it it'll be easier to cover with green than the other way around.

Dmj7PwYEXH1u_66-eti7jdeLMwBtJKlul4bDPLI-ddTyum9e0sTLtgq65kCVDQsO5V4N_n0X_zydmZ64y79AM7iQdnBFacQ1H_e646lFEtKPl1fZbMms0VOZnNc5R5z6Ywn0-23TpkSluPDMs9kaa7H6HsVTQiARY7W1VF9mgpzgYZDQ9zj4osv4lOnSpOwCUf77Fy-18hmwAic9yQJnKxiJEaGFudFGLbqz36BB5pEnt54RrPz5lNGMY76UmMnTiNYeSVCj7snUvRlAuh792S1kiQQjSo2b9eUkkbZddPRtfHXujVkcgNaor9SwCiWwWjmafWY6EaQt9tB6gU4LLB4CdptAIRzUYUjwV9DI8n6pOdYU_2mdxYAlPoagC_37l0nhHe0dkQNvWOYr6I4NUpgR8zTbgQr6pYQpAWStWcaWYizdW0KriQja3KG54r_VdD5Fh2lAdjpjiQ3sdElNx3uFtHaeQorR2YYT7A-tm5UW4PBInQ0l4ril_vP2hlZQGpIPUD67w-Uanm2dJ6LxOrMfKl6fbzZ3qD0qBEkTt9wLIhprH_tc8Hqv1h8F11ilRVBaOxSQb_r2XoWkn6h2gZCL4xoeB1lQsvS4LqClKW2s6HkxwOKW91u8bbSDXiyxWOyUXNd_R7pVlLnbk3BQxwCRQp6vmVBk3mRpIV1RDQ0BmqFRt_n4nK3tQ949FA=w469-h625-no

I don't know who designed the new tremclad nozzles but they suck.

18" away and they still cover an area the size of a quarter. Zero fan out.

Pretty much impossible to get it on evenly. It'd probably bother me if I gave a s*** about paint. :lol:

I haven't touched my hvlp gun in over 5 years, so it's probaby plugged solid, but I might have to resort to a pot of paint and thinner for a more thorough paint job once it warms up. It'd go a helluva lot quicker. With the tremclad bombs it's like colouring it in with a sharpie. :rolleyes:

I figured I'd get the sides sorted first because the tailgate will probably need to be a bit different.

I was just bitching about those spray nozzles yesterday. Your right they changed them or the paint and it doesn’t work at all!

I was just bitching about those spray nozzles yesterday. Your right they changed them or the paint and it doesn’t work at all!
Yeah they're ****ing awful. First noticed a couple years ago trying to repaint my John Deere hood.

You'd get a better spray pattern if you drank the paint first and then pissed it out. 🤬

It's why I went with armor coat for green s***, but I was in HD on way home from work at 7am and weren't many options.

Last edited:
Thin and s***ty paint job, but good enough for now. (and a very confused wasp landed in it...wtf? )

This is the last time I ever buy a tremclad spray bomb. They really suck.

Cold doesn't help, but with that pisshole nozzle, it'd go on better with a brush.

They probably had to remove the chemicals that made it good because it gave cancer to californians. :meh:

X28l_CW3zO03oS4d76PU0Pck5BsUb45JRk7EJJ9P4y8afM5EZag7C6ugpM7zA4OkAs9M5lnlhL0zw4wOhoTIOEYxa7Qpzc26PFZUo6bsuZjwKksVaJGPhrTgAMZE4iEjm6z2DR29uHJLuAs2BGMA32dyOOOroooP9zF9P0stCPn9yq-FUZvxjtD8hl7iosUXJpjNaRkgo8rdmylu7ZsPww27YDsYmWBoxcSlGnfRnMA6hWb-im3rNGLCy07FRCf7PWXzSaxv5yCFTNAjHvf41dvIYUW2hSvf3N13aFbcZnQnqeushrbeUrVKtEGYscX3lnUE9Rj1o3P9KKtYWF0LwhJRRR5WPThCfgcHK8J1VI1Tt58ZddPfPbNESXI1QT2jDZECtLSkq8U_kz3dTWzPYDeDWDpM6MWstnbFQXGn0C3LDgxQBpKdcIa8z4c70F3O0yVpsalYAuR9hfhZDgH5z78eABND9PHjZ_itv6IKZeJKLrRW9PKu6juwbPzZt9xtPPZ2CdkhNv2YiCHC-PhCDNI2Esa6YcjbmgYpVhQ8iVxyS2oULmPsnX6lF6IcyBNr8ZYU4Q_veYi4vN3TcYbVsR-jm6f_aiSm4nimkNXL57C-WJFAprlehzXgGkjPysqOj7dBkBnE3d4oEdz-0F2RxZJ-Hi8J1I32JXbrxREGh9bt1V5ZN_ZRPHo0blWvDw=w834-h625-no

I don't hate the white, it may indeed look better green, but can stay like this until painting weather comes back.

White is good primer for the correct colour.

I like the white actually; but that white is not quite right. Not sure how to describe it...maybe needs to be warmer; more like the top of the cab. Hard to tell from a picture.

I've been buying and using 'Dupli-color Engine Enamel' paint from Lordco (spray bomb). I've been extremely happy with it. Goes on really well, doesn't need to heat cure, and turns super hard (per enamel). Resistant to all chemicals I've applied to it such as oil, brake clean, carb clean etc. I started with it on my engine, but have since started using it on everything....

I like the white actually; but that white is not quite right. Not sure how to describe it...maybe needs to be warmer; more like the top of the cab. Hard to tell from a picture.

I've been buying and using 'Dupli-color Engine Enamel' paint from Lordco (spray bomb). I've been extremely happy with it. Goes on really well, doesn't need to heat cure, and turns super hard (per enamel). Resistant to all chemicals I've applied to it such as oil, brake clean, carb clean etc. I started with it on my engine, but have since started using it on everything....
That's pretty much what I was thinking. That white is sortof an 11 on the white scale, needs to be dirtied up a smidge to make it less stark.

It's actually the same tremclad white as the top but that went on with a brush. :hillbilly:

I'll check that stuff out, so far I've been fine with the el cheapo armour coat, certainly goes on a lot better than this crap, but depends what it's white is like.

If i resurrect my gun it'll be simple to ad a bit of beige to dial it down a couple notches. When I had to try to match gelcoats back in the day, whites were the hardest to match, but more often than not they had a smidge of almond in them.

Course, I'd also have to resurrect my give a s*** on the colossal waste of time that is paint too, which might be a bit more difficult :lol:

Black would be alright.

What if you just painted the whole truck white. I think that would look good.

What if you just painted the whole truck white. I think that would look good.
Lol, that'd be too mainland. :lol:

Honestly you all make it sound like I'm agonizing over this, I'm really not, but I find the fact that a splash of white has all the paint snobs crying, when the rest of the truck is 6 colours of green funny as hell.

Which is as good a reason for a colour as any. :flipoff2:

But you may all get your wish anyways, seeing as I work in the sick house, my chances of escaping the plague are pretty much zero.

So whoever ends up with my s*** when I'm in the mass grave can paint it whatever they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom