Custom Radius Arms for the light duty 70 series? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what am I missing here?? Delta already said they're interested in making them........and we all know what their quality and service is like, {first rate}. So why not just get them started and we'll all have a source right here in the USA. I'de be in for a set.

I'm not confident the low demand would justify their efforts? Not that many people wheel their light duty 70's hard enough to feel they need a better radius arm? Also someone needs to send Delta a sample light duty radius arm...I don't have a spare myself, but maybe someone else does.

I'm not confident the low demand would justify their efforts? Not that many people wheel their light duty 70's hard enough to feel they need a better radius arm? Also someone needs to send Delta a sample light duty radius arm...I don't have a spare myself, but maybe someone else does.

I might have a set of spare arms here but they probably came of a early LJ , not sure if these are the same as the later square headlight models that we call LJII

Just checked my shop and the only LJ radius arms is a set of rear ones from an early fj.

That being said my LJ73 (92 square headlight) is not a daily driver and since I have planned some front axle work to it I can remove the arms and send those out to Delta if they are interested in making these and can get my arms back to me in a reasonable time frame so my lift doesn’t stay occupied.

OK. There's a very generous offer from Joe. Come on Delta....it's your move. There's a small but growing market out there for 70 series accesories and very few taking advantage of it. Wish I wasn't 74 years old.......I smell opportunity.

Just checked my shop and the only LJ radius arms is a set of rear ones from an early fj.

That being said my LJ73 (92 square headlight) is not a daily driver and since I have planned some front axle work to it I can remove the arms and send those out to Delta if they are interested in making these and can get my arms back to me in a reasonable time frame so my lift doesn’t stay occupied.

If five people want to put down deposit (350 ea), we will happily put the time into it. Based on the post from earlier with the two arms bolted together, it looks like cost would be the same as our 80 Series arms (875). Email info @ deltavs . com if interested and will get everything situated from there and edit list below so everybody knows where things are.

List of deposits:

1. @joekatana
2. @steve729
3. @dstep
4. @Tsvigo
5. @Jakub

edit: adding link so people can see how everything works for the 80 arms

Last edited:
What shocks are you all running and how much lift?

If five people want to put down deposit (350 ea), we will happily put the time into it. Based on the post from earlier with the two arms bolted together, it looks like cost would be the same as our 80 Series arms (875). Email info @ deltavs . com if interested and will get everything situated from there and edit list below so everybody knows where things are.

List of deposits:

1. @joekatana

I’m pushing this on the 70 NA FB page too

@KillerPea a set of these Delta radius arms would be rad on that red one ;)

So where are all those folks that wanted proper radius arms for their LJ's??

So where are all those folks that wanted proper radius arms for their LJ's??

I really appreciate that Delta VS is willing to design and sell these arms in the US if there is enough demand. Unfortunately, my truck is a very budget minded build. If I can build something myself or get custom arms from Europe for a few hundred dollars less, that is what I'll do. My situation is a little different though - as I'm in Canada. So shipping is going to kill me either way. For those in the USA, the Delta VS option might work out to the same price as the Euro option. The Delta product will probably be nicer quality though...

Last edited:
I'm kind of in the same boat as GTSSportCoupe. I'd love to get rid of my caster correction bushings in favor of a set of properly fitting radius arms, and I'm not even that put off by the price. It's just that it's fairly low on my list of priorities right now and there's a lot of other stuff I need to spend my money on before I get there. It's nice to know we have options, though.

It's nice to know we have options, though.

The only way we ever gonna have options is if we find 5 people to get that first batch made.

I looked at those radius arms in Europe and they don’t look that sturdy to me even though for me anything from Europe I can trow in my containers anyway.

Would be nice to see us getting another quality part available for the 70 series community.

I learned a long time ago that when dealing with anything “rare” your best bet us to act when the opportunity presents itself because when the time is “right” for you it might not be available anymore !

Well put Joe. I've been dealing in antique firearms for 40 years now and one of the first lessons I had to learn was "the time to buy a rare item is when you find it!"

List of deposits:

1. @joekatana
2. @steve729
3. @dstep

Very Interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom