Custom exhaust. Are my o2 sensors in the right place? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The PO of my rig had someone weld up a custom stainless steel exhaust setup. Does it look like the o2 sensors are in the correct locations?

Iljlf4H.jpg

LA3U2vy.jpg

ORTOvXw.jpg

CqPvJH2.jpg

So just to clarify, both of my o2 sensors are currently located after the two pipes coming off the engine merge together into a Y.

Shouldn't the sensors be located on the individual pipes of the Y?

Yes they should, but it's not a huge deal. How's it run?

Someone spent a lot of time on that exhaust. I'd make sure it's good and tight, I see some missing nuts int he pics and exhaust leaks.

I believe she is running a little too rich. My highway mileage is around 10 - 12 MPG and there is a fair amount of black soot around the tail pipe.

WEJ0uOA.jpg

How difficult do you think it would be for someone weld two new bungs into the Y pipe and seal up the old ones?

Thanks for calling out that missing nut btw. I'll have the exhaust shop address it when I take it in.

The exhaust leak on the manifold can seriously screw up your O2 readings..

Thanks for calling out that missing nut btw. I'll have the exhaust shop address it when I take it in.

M10x1.25, use anti-seize and a lock washer.

Thanks guys!

I dropped the rig off at an exhaust shop today and they relocated the sensor bungs and put in new studs/gaskets around the manifold.

It's amazing how much more civilized the old girl is now that she's not leaking exhaust in the engine compartment. Not only is she quieter, but I no longer smell gas rich exhaust in the cabin. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom