current thoughts on skyjacker supsension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. Quick question. Got a lead on a skyjacker suspension, shocks springs, ubolts, for about 450.

I wasnt going to go for it bc last skyjacker setup i rode in was the old three spring setup that tended to break your back. This one is a three spring setup, but Im hoping they have evolved?

Anyone running a newish skyjacker setup? Is it worth the 450?

Thanks!

Hey guys. Quick question. Got a lead on a skyjacker suspension, shocks springs, ubolts, for about 450.

last skyjacker setup i rode in was the old three spring setup that tended to break your back. This one is a three spring setup

Thanks!

Think about how leaf springs work. Then, think about the fact that the stock set up was 7 leaves up front and 6 in back. Do you really think a 3 leaf setup is ideal? I'd pass.

:cheers:

Thanks for your input ! And, dont be so closeminded about the NUMBER of leaf springs. My new tacoma has three leaf spprings and rides very smooth. It cant carry any payload, but it rides super smooth. By yoru logic, a 60s dumptruck with like 15 to 20 leaves should ride super smooth but we all know thats not true. More leaves does not equal a smoother ride.

I was thinking of a hfs kit, but this one fell in my lap for 450 ,m so it gave me reason to pause.

I was referring to the last skyjacker setup i rode in ...that was like 10 years ago and why im asking again.
Are the NEW skyjacker springs "stiff"? I dont see many complaints like how people used to crucify the rancho setups in the past.

So again... whats the feeling on the NEW/current skyjacker setups.

I have them, they work :meh: - they came with the truck when I bought it, and rode well after new bushings went in - I had to switch out the rear springs because I broke leaf :rolleyes:, so I got a new set of Skyjackers for the rear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom