Builds Cummins 6bt/nv4500 build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Should tell them its is going in a show and may win Best in Show, maybe they will get it done faster ;p :D
Funny. Although when I toured their shop there were plenty of quality show vehicles in there. I don't think the utilitarian Land Cruiser would beat out a vintage Corvette restoration. Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Last edited:
Funny. Although when I toured their shop there were plenty of quality show vehicles in there. I don't think the utilitarian Land Cruiser would beat out a vintage Corvette restoration. Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Ah come on!! Its the best Show and Shine "The IH8MUD 80 series subsection show and shine for this week till something better comes along" ;)

Ah come on!! Its the best Show and Shine "The IH8MUD 80 series subsection show and shine for this week till something better comes along" ;)
Hopefully soon all the different diesel conversions going on will be posting results rather than just progress on the builds. It seems the present time thete are all types of conversions going on but nothing really complete yet. Can't wait to see the the results of all the present conversions.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Conversions take time. I think all of them I am following have had some snags along the way. Including my own.

I would almost go out and say a restoration is easier in the fact that there is a clear road map. With some crazy skill...

Progress is liking really good. Seems like the list is pretty strength forward just time. I hope I don't kick myself for not going nv4500 like I had in my jeep with the 4bt originally.

Yeah Snags are part of the process, hope I can get some of mine behind me and actually get the engine in soon.

Cant wait to see this one running, should be a beast! I have driven a few 6BT NV4500 combo's and they are great to drive.

Not much to update but thought I would post up a couple photos of recent progress. Build has been slow lately due to waiting on parts. Right now we are still waiting on the inter cooler to show up. Decided to put on a 1" body lift to help out with hood clearance and exhaust routing. Hopefully I will have a running video soon to post.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1395166424.056674.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1395166440.843530.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1395166457.317475.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1395166424.056674.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1395166440.843530.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1395166457.317475.jpg

Getting close to being done. Plan is to pick up at the end of the month. I have a family vacation in Colorado planned for June so the LC will get a good testing of both highway and off-road
. I still have a long list of to dos that need to be done before then as we'll. Lucky for me I have an LX to use for mock up. Today I made a bracket to mount my air tank to the rear frame rail. Used the existing holes that the crossmember/spare tire carrier mounted to. It's not a huge tank but it was left over from my old Rubicon so no extra cost. Still need to prime and paint before it gets installed on the LC.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Will be following this with interest. I had a 4bt put in my 62 in Austin. Can't wait to see yours, hopefully in person once you get it back. :cheers: I'm excited for you.

Got some news today from the shop about my snorkel. A bigger air cleaner is installed for the 6BT and it has a 4.5" diameter inlet and the snorkel is 3". They are making it work with a bypass for normal use with an option of connecting it if needed. I would probably ditch the snorkel but as everyone knows once you drill the big hole there is no going back. So now I will be looking at a custom snorkel or modifying what I have at some point. I have seen some custom snorkels but nothing to my liking yet. I don't want to hack up my fender anymore.

Will be following this with interest. I had a 4bt put in my 62 in Austin. Can't wait to see yours, hopefully in person once you get it back. :cheers: I'm excited for you.
Anytime.

Thats frig'n sweet man!!!! Looking forward to hearing it run.

This is going to be an AMAZING rig, with all the additions MR Cimarron already has and the cummins 6bt/ nv4500 its a great package! Really looking forward to driving the vehicle. :cheers:
Saw the video it looks good. If you get stuck on the slave clutch cylinder Not working with the master cylinder , try using the Toyota slave and master cylinders together. we just welded tabs of the fork clutch. mine is a 62 series using a 60 series fork clutch. Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom