Cummins 6BT conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like how the front spring hangers came out. Much better than the man-a-fs. I always thought those were too tall and hung down as much as a non SR. Looks like you have a nice slope to ramp over obstacles. ;) So what's left to do?

When you are in next time could you get some more pics of the passenger spring perch and ubolt?

It seems theres always a lot of time between posts in the summer! Heres a bunch more photos.

Lets see, NV4500, splitcase installed, one heavy mother!

rear crossmembers built out of 1x2 and 2x2 squaretubes reinforced with 1/4in plates all the way around, stout!

track bar hella stout with a shackle to help angle the rear out instead of just down.

rear axles cromoly, new shoes, one boot spanky new

Rancho 9000 shocks with incab adjustability reversed, ford shocktowers up front.

Whats left, exhaust, electrical, drivelines , brakelines, clutch cylinders and svo system.

Getting close!
026.jpg

027.jpg

NV4500 Splitcase up an in there!
024.jpg

025.jpg

Crossmembers being built
031.jpg

030.jpg

029.jpg

Skidplate
032.jpg

Installed
033.jpg

Rear Crossmember with shackle for trackbar
045.jpg

044.jpg

Trackbar
046.jpg

Installed
053.jpg

Rear before with trackbar mount
057.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

035.jpg

038.jpg

Rear After, New Shoes Snappin fresh!
040.jpg

Locker
041.jpg

Last edited:
Ready to go in!
047.jpg

Ford Shock Towers
023.jpg

021.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see the progress. You just might be driving it soon.

Thanks Mike! I'm hoping not much longer, been without a rig all summer, killin me!
Your's is lookin pretty sweet too, nice job on the shackles....One day i hope to be doing this myself too!

tapage, those look like the famous ford shock towers to me that many pick up at a ford dealer.

yep, fords.

Very nice. Awesome to see that you're making progress with your LC. I haven't even started with mine!

Where is this shop?

OK. Now I have Cruiser envy. :)

Sweet build man. I'd love to meet you and check it out when finished.

Progress looks good I like the crossmembers and the BAM bar. I see that you are running a lock right in there. I don't see it lasting too long with the power of the 6BT. I've broken three of them with my 2B. A detroit or diff locks may be in order for the future.:beer:

Progress looks good I like the crossmembers and the BAM bar. I see that you are running a lock right in there. I don't see it lasting too long with the power of the 6BT. I've broken three of them with my 2B. A detroit or diff locks may be in order for the future.:beer:

I was thinking the same, but it was in there when i got the axles, and i have to cut some corners cause its definitely costing a bunch.

Kenji4life,

yeah its upwards of there already, but its almost done and worth every penny. Not to mention aside from the conversion, i did a SOA, rebuild on the t-case, longfield+cromoly axles up front, cromoly rear, brakes, new spring packs and the list goes on. Luckily half the diesel stuff was done when i bought the rig!

Tim's a one man show, but he does it all! Right now he's doing a frame up resto on a 40 that i've been watching the whole way through, looks sweet, total engine rebuild, everything! For me, he's been super helpful in suggestions and attention to detail in every step. I mean look at those crossmembers! Highly recommended!

Tapage,

they should be relatively cheap I think these were like 12 bucks a piece.

Tapage,

they should be relatively cheap I think these were like 12 bucks a piece.

:eek: this price itś over there .. let me ask and post the price here .. sure be much more .. ( Latin America dude .. no option )

Update:

Waiting on Drivelines to come back, Exhaust to be measured up and built.

I found an intercooler on ebay for 45 bucks shipped from a turbo volvo, it should fit in front of the radiator behind the grill where the ac usually goes. Its pretty much the same as this guy right here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volv...011QQitemZ320160875640QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

getting really close now! I can't wait to drive this rig!

I've been taking apart another 94 Dodge here at my house getting ready to pull the engine, another badass 6bt! I'm hoping to find someone who wants to trade for a 4bt, and see the difference. My buddy rolled it, and sold it to me for parts.

DSCN1201.jpg

DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1154.jpg

DSCN1155.jpg

DSCN1156.jpg

DSCN1224.jpg

DSCN1226.jpg

DSCN1227.jpg

DSCN1228.jpg

I'm planning on using the exhaust manifold- ATS and the turbo from this truck on the cruiser. Anyone interested in anything from this truck pm me. The axles are Dana60 front 70 rear. I'd like to sell the whole frame axle/wheels/suspension together if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom